Why Are You Doing This?

Jaesuk sighed heavily. His mind was feeling foggy. He wondered who was the leader of this organization. He wondered why he was chosen out of all people. His mind then drifted to his two best friends. They must have been worried sick about his sudden disappearance. 

With that thought, he tried to untangle his hand. 

"Even if you try, you can't escape, Detective Yoo." the man smirked. 

"Who are you? Why are you doing this?" Jaesuk asked. 

"For a greater purpose that you will know soon. I do not understand why the person would choose you to implant with this microchip. But oh well...better for my plan to execute afterward." the man explained as he typed on his computer. 

"Chosen? For what purpose? What microchip?" Jaesuk blurted out in panic as he did not understand their reason. 

The phone rang. "Yes?" the man answered. 

"Perfect. Tied them up for now. And get the operation room ready. Subject 1972 is ready to be tested." 

Jaesuk gulped as he saw the man stepped out of his chair and walked toward the table with a needle on it. 

"What are you planning to inject into me?" Jaesuk demanded to know. The person looked surprised at Jaesuk's deduction. He clicked his tongue. 

"I'll admit you are very observant. But too bad, it will lead you to nowhere with your faulty deduction." he turned back to Jaesuk and walked closer to him. 

Jaesuk tried to scoot back, desperately avoiding the needle. "Yah! Stay Away," he shouted. 

The person grabbed Jaesuk's chair and inputted the substance from the needle. Slowly, Jaesuk fell asleep. The door swung open as an empty medical bed was pushed to carry Jaesuk into the operation room. 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Jongmin! Jongmin! Run!

Jongmin bolted up in sweats. Jaesuk-hyung! 

He tried to move around but realized he was confined in a very tight space with little to no air. 

"Somebody! Help!" Jongmin panicked and tried to escape. But instead of someone coming to help, he could see gas being pumped in. Once again, he fell asleep. 

--------------

"Dang...he awakes already." Henchman #1 complained. "Is the gas not strong enough?"

"Quit yapping and step on the gas then. C will kill us if we're late." Henchman #2 reminded. 

"Don't tell me what to do." Henchman #1 barked. 

"Shut up, both of you." a mysterious voice at the back demanded, and the two henchmen stayed quiet. 

He texted to C. 

Unknown

Subject 1979 is on the way.

Seen.

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

"Jogiyo!!!" Kwangsoo called out as he walked to an empty hallway. "Officer Ahn, are you here?" 

He slowly stepped in, and he shivered at the vibe the building was giving him. "AIshhh, why would he want to meet here? This building is giving me creep." 

He looked around to see for any sign of Sergeant Ahn. "I guess he's not here yet?" 

Kwangsoo could hear someone approaching behind him. 

Assuming it was Officer Ahn, Kwangsoo turned around but was greeted by a hit on his head. 

"Oii. What too--k you" Kwangsoo fell to the ground with that.  With blurry vision, he tried to crawl out of the place, realizing it was a trap. But was hit again, which knocked him out. 

Jaesuk-hyung...Jongmin-hyung.

"Subject 1985 is down. Let's bring him in." the person stated. His men nodded and followed the instruction. He turned around as he felt that someone else was there. Seeing no sign, he took one last glance before taking off. 

Kwangsoo was being transported in the van, tied up. 

After they all left, a shadow stepped out and clenched his fist. Damn it. I was too late. 

He looked through the window as the van drifted far away. I'm sorry. If I acted quicker, maybe you wouldn't have to share that same fate. 

He opened a note given to him and crossed out the name Lee Kwangsoo. 

"Oh Sehun. Kim Sejeong. Wait for me." with that, he quickly got on his motorcycle and drove to the amusement park after getting the signal from his GPS. 

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

Jaewook arrived at the village called Guiyi. "What a strange name," he mumbled at he walked in. 

As he walked around, he saw all eyes on him. They were avoiding him for some reason. Jaewook noticed that they were mostly females in their 50s. All of them were wearing white. 

"Excuse me." he tried to talk to one of them, but they dodged out of the way. He let out a heavy sigh. It's going to be another long day. Why on earth was Detective Yoo doing here?! 

Jaewook pulled out his phone and tried to call Kwangsoo to see if he knew anything. However, the line didn't go through. 

Please leave a message behind the beep

*Beep*

"Oh, Mr. Lee, this is Officer Ahn. Please call me back as soon as you get this message. I have a few updates and questions regarding Detective Yoo's case.

And then he hung up. Jaewook decided to head in deeper, hopefully to learn some more about Jaesuk's whereabouts. Without realizing it, two other figures were following him close behind. 

To Be Continued

Sorry for the long wait! Here's the latest chapter. The next one will focus more on Sejeong and Sehun "date". And also some flashback of Seunggi and Minyoung childhood. Thank you all for you patience! Stay tune!!!!!