Volume 2 - 18

A year has passed by.

Eris's education is progressing smoothly.

Her talent for the sword seems to be pretty good, before she was 10 she had already reached the standards of the intermediate rank.

The intermediate rank can be said to be able to contend with an average knight.

Ghyslaine says she can reach the advanced rank in a few years time.

She's only 9 years old and yet...... Is our Ojou-sama a prodigy?

What about me? If you ask me, I'll turn away my eyes.[32]

Eris in regards to language, well you can say it's going fine.

Particularly because Ghyslaine talked about her terrible past ordeals because she couldn't read.

She was unable to do anything because of that, got deceived by all sorts of bad people, and in the end ended up as a slave for sale.

That's why Eris desperately tried to learn by heart.

The improvement in math isn't very apparent. I'm not sure what sort of things will happen to Eris in the future, but this world doesn't seem to need the usage of advanced math, so I feel that it's best to take things slowly.

In 5 years to be familiar with the 4 basic arithmetic operations, I'll make this my goal.

The magic lessons are progressing smoothly too, but there's a feeling that we're reaching the bottleneck soon.

She can basically use all the elementary ranked magic, and she's familiar with all the magic systems other than earth magic, and in comparison Ghyslaine only learned fire magic.

They both attended the same classes, but why is there such a difference?

Is water, wind and earth magic something that Ghyslaine isn't familiar with?

In any case, there are some things in the magic textbook that cannot be used even if you chant it.

Regarding this part, I also did not work hard in memorizing it, so I don't really understand.

Also, I tried to let them learn voiceless incantations, but the return is meagre.

Sylphy immediately caught on to it, perhaps this is an issue of age.

Or perhaps Sylphy has that sort of talent.

I don't really know, maybe I have taught them something useless.

It's about time to go into the intermediate ranked magic, but Ghyslaine and Eris are both sword fighters.

It should be enough to learn the elementary ranked magic to clear some unimportant miscellaneous stuff.

I think this is fine if it's done this way.

I believe one day it will be of use.

Although I feel that in regards to every subject, it's progressing smoothly, but it seems that Etiquette classes has run into a problem.

Eris' 10 years old birthday is fast approaching.

The age of 10 years old is special, and according to noble customs, the 5 years old, 10 years old, 15 years old birthdays will be done with a grand party to celebrate the birthday.

The mansion's courtyard will be open, and receive the citizens' gifts, and will also invite the nobles from the city to participate.

Because Sauros is a boorish officer, the earlier plan was to have a self-help buffet style party with plenty of wine.