Volume 2 - 16

I slowly move towards the outer city, and the prices of the merchants' goods have a distinct change, going down from the price of 5 gold coins to around 1 gold coin.

It's still a little expensive, but it's something that I can afford.

The customers have certainly increased, from people who look like nobles to adventurers.

Since it's around 1 gold coin, I can still barely afford that price.

When I record down the prices to my notes, a shop suddenly enters into my eyes; it's a bookshop.

When I enter the store, I notice that it's surprisingly quiet.

You can say that it's a shop that mainly sells erotic books.

There are two bookshelves that have the same titles with 2-3 books placed together.

A book is roughly 1 gold coin, with some of the books kept in a glass cabinet.

The average is around 8 gold coins, with the most expensive with a price tag of 20 gold coins, is that the shop's most valuable treasure?

The owner recognizes me as a person who's not a customer, and he doesn't greet me.

His judgment is correct.

I take down the book's title, and the owner looks at me with suspicion.

Arara, there's no problem, I didn't touch the books.

Plus I didn't take photos.

An encyclopedia is around 7 gold coins, if 1 gold coin is around ¥100,000, you need ¥700,000[26].

On my home's mother, what sort of absurdity is this......

But as expected, the encyclopedia books seem to be really expensive. The must-see book <<Shigu's Summoning Magic>>, needs 10 gold coins.

My monthly salary of 2 silver coins doesn't allow me to fulfill the conditions of buying this.

The most expensive book is the <<Asura's kingdom royal court's etiquette>>, this book has no meaning at all to me.

"What are you looking at that's so interesting?"

Eris asks me, probably bothered by the fact that I'm only looking and not recording.

"No, I'm thinking they aren't really interesting books."

"I heard that people say that you like books?"

"Where did you hear it from?"

"From Otou-sama[27]."

Philip hmm? I did ask him to let me look at the study.

"I, I can help you buy a book."

"You're saying it so easily, do you have any money, Eris?"

"Oji-sama[28] will give me!"

Indeed. But spoiling her too much isn't good.

Even though I want it.......

Even though I want it!

"I don't want it."

"Why!"

Eris pouts, she does that when she's unhappy.

If her mood continues to deteriorate, she will come after me like the devil.

But it's still fine for now, she still has her senses about her.

"Eris cannot give out money freely."

"What do you mean?"

Eris eyebrows knit together, she's getting more irritated because she doesn't understand.

Lately I can gradually gauge Eris's Fury-O-Meter.

How should I go about this. When it comes right down to it, is there any meaning to let the girls from noble families learn the importance of using money?

"I'm teaching Eris right now, do you know how much money I get?"

"....... 5 Gold coins right?"

"2 silver coins."

"That's cheap!"

Eris shrilly exclaims, and on one corner is the owner with an you're-too-noisy expression.

"Not at all, my achievements are poor and my age is small, as well, it's quite appropriate for me."

Plus there's the fact I will be paid the fees to go to university.

"B, but Ghyslaine has a salary of 2 gold coins. Isn't Rudeus teaching me a lot of things?"

"Ghyslaine has the accomplishments and the rank of being a Sword-King. She's even acting as your bodyguard, therefore Ghyslaine's salary is higher."

Plus there's the bad habit from Boreas Greyrat's family.

If it's from them, they will do something like 「Girls from the beast races shall receive special treatment!」.

"Then, how much salary can I get if it's me?"

"You don't know magic, your sword techniques are not up to par, and without any accomplishments, Ojou-sama's salary even if it's the highest it can go, it won't cross 1 silver coin."

Eris's becomes speechless, and in addition to the above, she has never received pocket money before.

"When you want to buy something for someone, please earn the money with your own hands and talk about it later."

"I got it......"

Eris's droops her head with a rarely seen cheerless expression, if she's always like that I will have an easier time......

"Well, you can ask Philip-sama for some pocket money."

"Really?"

Eris raises her head, I feel as if her affection-O-meter to me has gone up.

Well, even if she's not given any pocket money, giving her anything whatever she wants is spoiling her too much.

It's best to give her a bit of money and let her learn it herself.

After recording some of the important book names I walk out of the book store.

I have an overall impression after spending a day to take a look at the things I want to buy.