Volume 2 - 12

After the lessons from morning and afternoon are over, it's time for a break.

That day, I decide to head to the library.

That's because I saw Eris and Ghyslaine carrying magic teaching materials, so I thought the library might have a magic textbook.

Because I didn't know where the place is, I let the maid with dog ears bring me there.

"Ah."

I meet Philip's wife halfway on the road.

Her name is Hilda, and has the same flaming red hair like Eris, and a tsunami-like chest. Looks like I can expect good things from her daughter's growth.

I was once introduced to her, but I didn't really interact with her.

Let me think, I think it's a single hand placed on the chest......

"Madam, today's a good day......"

"Tch."

Hilda scoffs at me and ignores my greeting.

I freeze in the same posture.

"Rudeus-sama......"

"No, it's okay."

The maid with dog ears tries to console me, but I stop her with my hand.

But I still received a little shock. Did I get hated by her. But I didn't seem to do anything right.......

Come to think of it she doesn't have any other child other than Eris.

No, I feel like if I find out and there's really one, and if the case is worse than Eris, I feel like my job load will multiply 3 or 4 times.

I can't dig my own grave.

When I reach the library I see Philip in there.

"Are you interested in the library?"

Philip looks expectantly at me.

I don't know what he's expecting.

"Hmm, yes slightly."

"Then go ahead and take your time."

I accepted his offer, and looked around the library, but there's nothing I am hoping to find.

I was hoping to find a magic textbook like the one Roxy had, but all the documents are related to politics and are restricted from being taken out of the library. Magic textbooks are rare in this world, and it's not like you can find one anywhere.

It did not go well at all.

But I find some History books in the corner. If I'm free I'll skim over them.

After a day's work, I'm in my own room preparing material for tomorrow's work.

Basically it's questions for math and listening notes for language-

-as well as the practice for teaching magic.

I didn't prepare a learning schedule, and if I don't have anything else to teach within these 5 years it will be trouble, so the lessons are not progressing too fast. In any case, to prevent anything unclear, I carefully reviewed the plan for education.

It was the same feeling when I taught Sylphy.

Magic practice is very important. Because I don't chant when I cast magic, I keep forgetting the mantras.

The only time when I earnestly memorized the words are from the detoxification and healing magic, and I have never memorized Attack Magic.

The teaching materials are the same as the textbook in my home.

Eris and Ghyslaine also have that.

Based on the explanation, there were hundreds of books that went on sale that were written a thousand years ago.

Before the appearance of the book, there's a need to find a teacher to learn from, and the so called teachers are mostly able to only use all the elementary ranked magic. One can find a teacher after much trouble, but there's nothing to be learned, cases like these are plentiful.

Even though it's on sale, the books available are really low in quantity, and even if you sell them in the market, the people who aren't interested in magic will not take a look at them.

There's no printing technology in this world either.

This book that sold in a large volume was 50 years ago.

Thanks to the materials that can be cheaply bought, the numbers of magician have increased by a great amount.

The magicians are conquering the world....... no, but amongst the Asuran nobles they are taught a substantial amount.

But, what's the reason that led to the increase of the magic materials.......

I think as I flip the pages, and written on the book is [Published by Ranoa's university.]

They are really good at business.

Just like that, the days as a home tutor, quickly flies by.

--Status--

Name: Eris Boreas Greyrat

Profession: Granddaughter of the lord of Fedoa

Personality: Violent

Talking to her: She will listen a little

Language: Able to write her family names

Math: Has trouble with subtraction

Magic: She wants to work hard on it

Sword: Elementary ranked in the Sword-God style

Etiquette: Knows the common greeting

The people she likes: Grandfather, Ghyslaine