Volume 2 - 11

First of all, as the first lesson, I teach her the basic arithmetic operations.

Because Eris has gone to school, and hired home tutors, she still knows the basic addition.

"Rudeus!"

"What is it, Eris-kun."

I point to Eris who raises her hand vigorously.

"Why is it necessary to learn division?"

She doesn't understand the importance of division and subtraction.

Before that, she's very poor in subtraction.

I always feel that she will get stuck at the changing of digits and give up math.

"Instead of talking about the importance, this is basically just the reverse of multiplication."

"I'm asking you what use this has."

"Alright, if you have 100 silver coins and you need to share with 5 people, what should you do?"

"You're talking the same stuff like that previous teacher!"

Eris smacks the table with force.

"That is why! Why! Do you need to share! Is there a need to share!"

Ah, yes, the children who don't want to learn will have excuses like this.

But, truthfully this really isn't important.

"Who knows, go ask the 5 people. It's only convenient when you want to share equally."

"You said convenient, that also means that you don't need to use subtraction right?"

"When you don't wish to use, of course you don't need to use it. But not wanting to use and not being able to use, these two are very different indeed."

"Mumumuu....."

When I said the words "can't use", the prideful Eris shuts her mouth. But, this isn't solving the problem right now. If I let her continue with this line of excuses, there's no need to learn Math anymore.

At this time I can only rely on Ghyslaine.

"Ghyslaine, did you have problems when it comes to dividing equally?"

"Hmm, there was once when I lost some of my food supplies, and wanted to distribute the rest of my food over a few days, but I failed. In the end, I didn't eat and drink for 3 whole days. I thought I was almost dead.

Halfway through the road, I really couldn't stand it anymore, and picked up the monsters' dung to eat, and caused a stomach upset. I resist the urge to vomit, pain in the stomach and the diarrhea, and I still needed to fend off the surrounding monsters----"

The past story lasts for 5 minutes, making my stomach twist.

I listen to it with a pale face, but it seems that in Eris's ears this is a heroic tale.

Her eyes are glittering as if there are stars in them.

"So, I wish to learn division, please continue to teach."

Since Ghyslaine has already said something like that, Eris can only become obedient.

The Sauros family seems to have much affection for the beast races, even if they don't show it, Eris also keeps on approaching Ghyslaine.

If it's from Ghyslaine, Eris will listen obediently. Like a younger brother following his elder sister, no matter what she does he will imitate her.