[p4] the polar express but make it camren

Start from the beginning

Normani hugs her tightly, whispering a "Thank you for stopping a train for me" and gently fixing Lauren's jacket when they pull apart, "Get that pocket fixed."

Lauren smiles softly, "I will. Thank you Normani."

Normani waves as she leaves, bounding off the steps of the train and running up to her house. The girls all cheer when she appears in the window, waving a present above her head.

The train chugs along again and they end up at Camila's house faster than anticipated. Lauren's not sure if she's ready to leave this yet, and seeing the expression on Camila's face is enough to tell her that she feels the same.

Dinah rises slowly from her seat, letting Ally say her goodbyes first to Lauren and then Camila before hugging Lauren tightly.

"I hate to say it, but I might actually miss you, grumpy," Dinah says quietly, making Lauren giggle.

"I'll miss you too," Lauren says, hugging her a little tighter, "I'm sorry that this is all the time we have, I could've ended up actually liking you."

Dinah rolls her eyes, pulling away and crossing her arms, "Alright, you know what? I was gonna say sorry about your bell, but fuck you. I've had enough of you."

Lauren just giggles, "Thank you, D."

Dinah almost looks like she has tears in her eyes and lets out a drawn out breath, "It was nice meeting you, Lauren."

"You too, Dinah," Lauren hugs her one last time, "Bye."

The conductor's stood at the steps as she and Camila go to step off the train, making sure to tell them to watch their step, and Lauren imagines that comment is more directed at Camila than her, but she ignores it.

She looks over at him, "Thank you."

He scoffs, "No, Lauren, thank you."

Camila tugs at her hand ever so slightly and they wave to the conductor as they walk up to the house. Camila opens the door and they look back when they hear the train start chugging again.

The conductor's stood at the train steps, holding his lantern in one hand and on to the bar with the other. He lets go for a second and cups his hand around his mouth, "Merry Christmas!"

They look to the windows, laughing to themselves quietly at how Dinah and Ally (mostly Dinah, let's be real) are waving wildly in the windows.

Dinah makes sure to crack open a window, calling out a loud, "Merry Christmas!" before singing Jingle Bells loudly.

Camila and Lauren wave as the train disappears before closing the door behind them, Camila pressing a kiss against Lauren's cheek.

"C'mon, let's get to bed."

They quietly pad up the stairs and into Camila's room, pulling off their jackets and climbing back into bed. Lauren buries her face in Camila's shoulder, allowing herself to finally fall back asleep after one hell of a night.

-

"Yeah, she's here. Probably snuck in last night."

Lauren blinks, barely comprehending Sinu's figure in the doorway before it disappears again.

"...I know. Come over when you're all ready, they probably won't be up for another hour anyway..."

She nuzzles back into Camila, enjoying the warmth from her sleeping girlfriend and the way her hands are resting underneath Lauren's shirt and on her stomach.

By the time she's awake again, Camila's changing into her obligatory Christmas onesie, one of Rudolph with an adjoining hood.

"Hey, you're up!" Camila grins, zipping it up the rest of the way before climbing on the bed and kissing Lauren, "Merry Christmas, babe."