"It's healing," I assure him. A second after that, I wonder if Carl had told him the real truth behind my injury while I was still asleep. That's the last thing I need for him to do, but it wouldn't exactly come as a surprise to me. I'd probably be preoccupied by that thought a little longer if it wasn't for the fragrant scent of canned peaches wafting my way.

    "Hungry?" Rick's scratchy voice asks me. I nod quickly. Until now, I hadn't noticed the empty grumbling in my stomach, but now that there's food in front of me, I can't quiet it. I would love some of those peaches that I've already smelled, or perhaps what's left of the cereal, but Rick starts talking again and I'm forced to listen.

    "Before that, there's someone here for you."

    Someone's here for me? I'm so confused. Everyone that I know who's alive is in front of me. Who is here?

    At that same moment, the floorboards to my left creak as a figure slowly walks from the kitchen and into to the living room. I hear myself gasp slightly before I'm hastily jumping to my feet and dashing towards Michonne as quickly as I can, afraid that I'm still stuck in a dream and she's going to disappear on me like Daryl had. A stabbing pain grips my calf, but I feel like it's not there as I intercept her, wrapping my arms around her body as tightly as I can.

    "Hey," she says with a laugh. Even though I'm not looking at her face, I know that her nose is slightly wrinkled, just like it always is when she giggles. I smile as big as I can, not wanting to let go of her. She holds me back, one hand going to my hair where she wraps her fingers within it. One thing I've learned from this world is that you don't mind how much dust, dirt or blood is covering you, or how long it's been since you last showered, if you really care about someone. I care about Michonne and she cares about me. Nothing else matters.

    I pull back from our hug, a thousand questions wanting to pour out of my mouth. I grip her cold hands in mine as I let them flow. "How'd you get here? How'd you find us? Where are the others?" I force myself to quiet down with the knowledge that she won't be able to answer any of them if I don't give her an opportunity to do so. A mixture of enthusiasm and fear fills me. I'm excited to see her here, but I'm also nervous as to what her presence entails and what information she might know about the others.

    "I just so happened to follow the same path as you. At some point, I started to notice things." I watch as she carefully drops my hand before deftly reaching into her pocket to grab something as she speaks. "This first thing I found was a bloody shred of cloth on the highway, but I knew that could've been from anyone. Then, I found a few bullet casings. After all that, I found this." Pulling her hand from her pocket with something folded inside, she holds out the crumpled picture of Milo and me that I used to store in my pack. It must've fallen out without me knowing during our trek away from the prison the other day.

    "Where?" I feel sick for having lost it, but having it returned to me allows for my mind to calm down.

    "Just down the road. That's when I knew. I knew I'd get to see all of you again." She smiles a real, toothy grin that lets me know she wants to be here. She, too, needs, to be here.

    The kind of pure love Michonne has within her heart is undeniable and noticeably contagious. When I had first seen her on the outside of the fence during a time that feels like not quite long ago, I would've never expected this from her. She was quiet, perhaps even broody, but she grew to be something I am still unable to believe. Even now, she has already filled the room with a sort of warmth that I'm sure everyone can see.

    I lean in for another quick hug, which is probably anything but quick, before limping back into the living room. Even in my excitement, I hadn't forgotten about the food. I drop to the floor, bringing the blankets and pillows that were making up my bed closer to the small circle we're forming in the center of the room. I make sure to put my photo that Michonne had given me back into my bag. I can't lose another piece of Milo. I've lost enough of him already.