Ch. 8:ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʏ: ˢᵐᵘᵗ

Start from the beginning

The sound of it made your heart ache, and you walked slowly down the hall, honestly surprised to find the noise was coming from the cracked door of Suga's study. Not wanting to disturb him, you peeked in through the partially-open door, mouth opening in astonishment at the sight before you.

The most feared criminal in the Underworld sat at the bench of the grand piano, eyes closed and head bowed as his slender fingers danced over the keys

The most feared criminal in the Underworld sat at the bench of the grand piano, eyes closed and head bowed as his slender fingers danced over the keys. His pouty lips were slightly parted, turned up at the corners in a tight, sad little smile. 

Yoongi played passionately, his entire torso swaying with the melody of the heartbreaking music he created. How can someone so cold, so cruel play something so beautiful and filled with emotion? Unbidden, a tight knot formed in your throat and you felt the hot sting of tears kiss the corners of your eyes. You blinked them back, continuing to watch the mafioso play, as if you were in a trance.

"Are you going to come in, or did you want to stand there and keep watching me?" His words were soft, barely audible over the clear notes his fingers continued to play. Startled, you jumped a little bit. How did he even know I was here? Embarrassed, you cleared your throat and stepped through the door. 

"Close that behind you," he said, his voice stern, a contrast over the soft, beautiful music he was playing. You obeyed, standing just inside of the door, hands clasped in front of you as you nervously spun the ring on your index finger. When the beautiful melody abruptly ceased, you felt a keen sense of loss that you couldn't quite pin down.

 When the beautiful melody abruptly ceased, you felt a keen sense of loss that you couldn't quite pin down

Suga closed the lid of the piano and stood up from the bench, finally turning to meet your eyes. Your stomach flipped as the Bangtan's boss slowly walked over to you, head tipped to the side. "It's really not very polite to spy on people. Didn't anyone ever teach you that, Kitten?" You swallowed audibly and nodded, stuttering out an apology as the man drew near. You didn't like the smirk that was playing around the corners of his mouth. It was reminiscent of a predator, and subconsciously, it made you take a step backwards.

"I'm really sorry, Yoongi. I didn't mean to disturb you," you said, honestly feeling bad for interrupting him. When he was playing, his entire demeanor was different; he seemed filled with solace, with purpose and calmness, if not happiness. While his fingers were on it keys, you had completely forgotten that he was the boss of the most feared mafia in the Three Cities. He had seemed so...normal, so at peace when he was playing.