Emptiness was what Levi felt now. It was dark out, or maybe that was his vision? However, he could see the white of the snow… He felt so weak…  Levi wanted it all to end already. He was tired of everything… of life… But did that mean he wanted to die? No. Levi honestly didn’t want to die. He didn’t feel ready. He wanted to see Eren before he died… But that didn’t look like it was going to happen… Levi could only hope Eren would find the camera… Levi pulled the camera close to his body, also in an attempt to get warm. The weather was making this difficult for Levi…

            And he found it suddenly harder to breathe.

            It was bitterly cold. Levi was sure that if he didn’t die from the blood loss, he was going to die from… What was it called again? Oh yes, hypothermia. He felt like his fingers would soon break off from frostbite. Even if Levi wanted to get up, which he did, he just couldn’t find the willpower. So he laid there, looking into the darkness of the woods. Everything was becoming less defined, hazy. This world was indeed a cruel place. What did Levi do to deserve this? What did he do to piss off the world? Why was he the one suffering? Why..?

            Levi closed his eyes, letting more tears fall.

            Well at least his life wasn’t utter complete shit. At least he didn’t die in his cage like he had believed he would have. At least he had a chance to be free. To meet Eren. To work. To fly… Levi remembered what Eren had said.

            “You can’t fly if you never try.

            Levi hummed. You told me so long ago… Levi thought. And despite how grim his situation was, Levi felt a small smile make its way to his lips. Eren, you gave me so much hope… Even when everything was hopeless…

            Even though Levi was alone right now, he felt somewhat content. Yes, he wished that Eren was here but not everything works out the way he wanted to. Levi had come into terms with that. At least, if his body was found they would find the camera. Well, that is if Erwin didn’t find it first.

            Now that Levi could actually reflect for a moment, he had just realized that he’d never actually seen snow before. He had never felt its coldness until now… He learned that snow was a beautiful thing… He thought about the pretty flakes, seemingly floating down from the skies above, light and airy. He didn’t have the time to appreciate the flakes that melted upon contact…

            Levi decided that he liked the snow.

            Calm. Levi was calm even though he was dying. Death was inescapable. It happened to everyone. He let his breathing slow. It wasn’t snowing as hard now. Everything was peacefully quiet. He relaxed into the snow below him. His wings were wrapped closely around him. He couldn’t feel the pain in his white wing anymore. He couldn’t feel any pain right now or anything else really but it didn’t matter.

            Levi let the darkness take him…