[27] "Did you just call me your boyfriend?"

Start from the beginning

It was okay but she wasn't going to admit it.

After she discovered him in the living room, Damon demanded for her to get dressed in something comfortable and to bring a change of dress clothes for later. She purposely took her time and came out an hour later after showering and straightening her hair. She expected to find Damon in a bad mood but he was still in the living room talking with her dad. She was amazed by how comfortable her dad was with Damon, she had never witnessed it with Tony.

"How are you so good with my dad?"

"What you mean?"

Jayda shrugged her shoulders. "He likes you, it took him forever to warm up to Tony."

"I don't want Tony mentioned when we're together. He's your past."

"Are you my future?"

"If you let me be."

She didn't know if she could give herself 100% to Damon. "You never answered the question."

"I keep everything honest. Your parents know my intentions."

She looked at the window. "What are they?"

"To make you Jayda Jones."

Jayda started to laugh. "You're getting ahead of yourself. Besides, people never marry their high school boyfriend-girlfriend."

Damon wanted to prove her wrong. "My mom met my dad at 18. Adrian's parents were high school sweethearts. My aunt Raye met my uncle Corey when she was like 14. My grandparents..."

"I get your point," Jayda interrupted. "But all of my family met later in life, in their 20s. So whatever girl you meet at 25 could be Mrs. Jones."

"Naw...it'll be you." He paused and then grinned. "Did you just call me your boyfriend?"

Jayda realized her mistake. "No."

"Yes you did, you can't take it back."

She leaned back against the seat frowned. "I'm not anyone's girlfriend, not until I get asked officially.

Damon laughed. "Bet on it." He reached into the glove box and pulled out a blindfold. "I need for you to wear this."

Jayda folded her arms across her chest. "I'm not wearing that shit."

-:-

30 minutes later, Damon led a blindfolded Jayda down to the docks where he had a surprise waiting. It only took another 10 minutes to get to their destination but it took 20 minutes to convince Jayda to put on the blindfold.

"I smell water. If you throw me in, I'm going to kick your ass."

"Lil mama, I know other ways to get you wet." It was said against her ear. The unexpected touch added to the sensuality. Jayda bit her lip in embarrassment.

Damon chuckled. "You don't have a comeback?"

It was on the tip of her tongue to tell Damon to shut the hell up but the words never came. She instead said, "Where are we going?"

Jayda let out a small yelp when Damon lifted her in the air.

"We're almost there. Have some patience."

She remained quiet as he carried her. She didn't like surprises. She was the type of person that wanted to be in control. Damon had a way of being two steps ahead of her and it made her uncomfortable. Her nerves was getting the best of her.

A minute later, she breathed a sigh of relief when he took the blindfold off. Jayda looked around and saw that they were in a small but luxury living room. A large window was across from her and she could that they were on the water. Jayda explored the contents and found two bedroom, a bathroom and kitchen in addition to the living room.