《Episode 3》

Magsimula sa umpisa

" Kingdom of Daegu? Hmm..." , Taehyung scoffs while chucking and shakes his head. He fans himself with the hand-fan he brought from Gwacheon.

" I'm sorry your Royal highness-"

" The crown prince of Gwacheon! Kim Seok-jin! My son, how could you expect that low of our Kingdom? Did you thought we would send only these lowly peasants like them (stares at the maidens) to greet you at your arrival to the Kingdom of Daegu? " The woman jolts on the floor as she was cut short by a hard male voice as he continued to chuckle in between his question.

" Apologise to upset you dear, I was caught up with the Royal affairs. You know, these ceremonies take so many things to prepare. " The princess stayed silent the whole time.

"Who's he ?" She wonders. Her flesh quivers under her skin when she heard her eldest brother addressing the person infront of them, who was standing tall with proud broad shoulders. His chuckles make her mouth taste bitter yet she bites her own tongue and looks down; the siblings bows to the Emperor of the kingdom Daegu.

" Greetings to the Royal majesty of the kingdom of Daegu!" The two princes of Gwacheon greets the King.

Nari clenches and unclenches her jaws , her breathings turn heavy, her heart pounding in her chest, her knuckles turns white for gripping her skirt too tightly. Her head feels dizzy unable to take in their conversation anymore.

"My dear sister, do you plan to bow for longer?" Taehyung teases his younger sister. Seokjin sternly gestures his siblings with his eyes to join them, him and the King .

Nari looks at them and nods immediately ignoring her brother's teasings. Her hand maiden investigates, " Are you feeling okay, your highness?" She was genuinely worried the princess noticed.

" Just tired, I'm fine!" The princess says.

Entering the porch of the palace the princess catchup with the others and listens close to their conversation.

" I'm glad you showed your interest to our invitation. It's such an honour to have you hear!" The king turns towards the crown prince of Gwacheon as he smiles back.

" The pleasure is all ours, your majesty! " Jin answers. " His majesty has apologised for not been able to make it today with us but he wanted to show his gratitude and has sent these..." Jin gestured the maids , servants and porters to bring all the luxurious gifts they bought from Gwacheon, "...the friendly gifts, infamous items of our kingdom Gwacheon, most specially hand picked by experts just for your majesty's and your highness's, soon to be the crown prince of Daegu, delight. " Jin smiles lifting his eyebrows at the end of his speech as a habit.

The King smiles back and pats his back, impressed by the young crown prince. His etiquettes are visible in his each gesture, the king thought to himself.

" I must say I'm impressed and flattered at the same time by your father's thoughtfulness! I would make sure to return such warm gesture someday when in need." The king says proudly. " I've prepared splendid accommodations for your stay at the Grand Palace , so please enjoy your time here. The servants will show you all your respective chambers, they would be at your service- 24/7, hence, please do feel free to take pleasure of our services." The king laughs, his hands resting behind him.

" Thank you, your majesty! We appreciate it." , Taehyung thanks and bows folding his fan and passing it to his maiden to hold it for him.

While observing them Nari forgets she should introduce herself . Unfortunately the King noticed her staring, dead at him. Seokjin noticed the King's perplexed expressions so did Taehyung, they both turn towards the direction he was looking at: Nari.

" She's our sister, your majesty. " Taehyung spoke with tact, he stepped beside her and elbowed her to bow upon curtsy which caused her to snap back to reality.

The poor girl almost leaped on her spot and immediately bows showing her respect to the old man.

" G-greetings, your majesty! I me-mean, I'm Nari , the princess of G-Gwacheon ." She mentally facepalmed herself for stuttering and messing up her own introduction to the King. " Well ... excellent Nari !" She cussed mentally.

The King crackled at her perplexed state. He could see how embarrassed she was.

Seokjin speaks, " I think she's tired and beaten by the long journey, your majesty. " The king nods, " It's quite evident and understandable. Very well! Rest well. The ceremony is in three days. You three have to attend the event too. I hope you enjoy your time here!" says the King .

" Lead them to their chambers and take good care of our special guests. " he orders the servants while specifying the end of his sentence. " And look for the princess's requirements , there shouldn't be any lack at her services. Did you got that?!" The king shouted at the maidens to which they all nodded immediately, intimidated by his voice.

The three siblings exchanged eye contact with each other.

________________________________________________