Old Adventures: That Time on Fishman Island

a/n: early update!! hehe -3-

Old Adventures: That Time on Fishman Island

Morning came and days had passed. It was strange for both Irin and Ace, they were close yet they felt distant. Ace may have forced himself to spend time with Irin as usual but he just wasn't the same. The cuffs of his emotions were holding him back as his secret dug into his heart, poisoning him at a fast rate.

At this point it was noticeable to everyone that he was down; even Irin could tell.

The worst thing for her was that she could not do a single thing about it because he didn't want her help nor did he want anyone's help in general.

Sure, Ace did take Thatch's words into account but he really didn't know how he could just tell Irin that he had been in love with her since they were kids. It was just terrifying to him. He would ruin so many things because of his feelings.

Irin, on the other hand, tried her very best to cheer her best friend up but it seemed her efforts were futile as she began to feel as though she was a horrible friend. Ace had managed to save her from the darkness that plagued her mind but she wasn't even able to provide her help to him. She felt incredibly stupid and useless but she still tried her best everyday despite her failures to get behind Ace's wall.

She had to be optimistic for him. She had to always try to help because she knew that she would regret not trying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I just don't know what's happening anymore, Izou-san..." Irin muttered softly as Izou sat behind her on her bed and did her hair.

It was how they usually hung out. Izou would come over to Irin's room and do her hair, sculpting them into beautiful hairstyles.

"You're trying your best Irin-sama, don't worry about it," he said, trying to comfort the girl when, in fact, he did not know what was going on with Ace either.

He knew that Ace liked her but why was he acting so distant towards her? It was confusing to him. Heck, it was confusing to everyone aboard Moby Dick.

Irin and Ace were the closest so it was strange to see them together yet distant.

"I'm sure Ace just needs some time to open up," he said.

Irin frowned a little, "Do you think I've done something wrong?" she asked quietly.

Her words and her tone caught Izou off guard as his hands that were gently weaving her hair froze, "Don't think that way, I'm sure you did no such thing but even if you did, Ace isn't the type to react this way. There must be something else that's been bugging him, so don't think that it's your fault," Izou said in a strict tone that held a sense of gentleness.

Irin smiled softly at Izou's words, he was always so kind to her and she liked his company. He held a comforting presence and he always looked out for her like she was his little sister. That's right, Irin thought of Izou as a big brother.

Izou was just so amazingly caring and Irin admired that about him but what she did not know was that Izou was experienced as an older sibling, that was why he was so good at taking care of her.

"Thank you, Izou-san," the pinkette thanked as she grinned to herself, "Man, I really don't wanna get back to work..."

Izou raised a brow, "When are you going back? I think we can give you a lift back," he said.

"What? How?"

"We're heading for a party at Fishman Island in about a week's time," Izou replied.