Bottled Rage

Bottled Rage

"Prepare yourselves, Navy Headquarters!"

The calm waters had begun to recede, and this was caused by the Tsunami that Whitebeard had summoned prior to this. He had sent the waves backwards so they'd pull back in a stronger manner.

When the allies of Whitebeard had finally quieted down, that was the same exact moment when the water levels started rising again. Irin could hear the changes in the wind and the other Marines who observed the ocean could only begin to panic at the sight of the rising water level.

Before anyone could prepare for it, giant waves were already on their way towards the Navy Headquarters. The ground rumbled as the waters burst upwards and formed giant walls around Marineford.

Screams of fear could be heard from the lower ranking Marines.

The young Vice Admiral only watched the whole scene out with her eyes slightly widened, there was nothing she could do at that moment, or rather, there was nothing she was allowed to do at that moment.

She was opposed to fighting against Whitebeard's forces but at the same time she was told not to take part in the war and she did not want to go against the wishes of her family, the Whitebeard Pirates.

All she could do at that moment was to stand and watch; like a fish in a water tank.

Right before the waves came crashing directly down onto Marineford, they were frozen still by none other than the famous Admiral Aokiji. There were gasps of relief in the crowd but Irin only remained expressionless, even though there was a throbbing pain growing in her head.

No one had really noticed but she had been having a high fever for the past few days and she had been completely drained despite the fact that she had not been doing any heavy work.

As Aokiji sent his ice crafted arrows towards Whitebeard as a form of attack, the older man only swiftly caused another crack in the air and snapped the arrows along with Aokiji's ice body like they were twigs.

The Admiral then came falling downwards towards the rough seas, he swiftly landed on top of the water as his body reconstructed from ice and froze the waters while he was at it.

Ice began to spread as far as Irin's eyes could reach. As planned, she only silently observed the situation and formed her thoughts about the war.

Though the ice had frozen around the ships which gave the pirates a disadvantage on mobility, it placed both sides on an even ground where they would be able to fight on equal footing.

Canons were immediately set off from the Navy's side, aiming at Moby Dick but that proved futile and, instead, only ignited the war.

Irin sucked in a deep breath as she closed her eyes, focusing on the pain that pulsed in her head but all she could hear were the clamouring of weapons, the screams of pain, and the sounds of gunshots.

All that only accentuated the pain she was feeling.

She only allowed light to hit her eyes when she heard the sound of a loud impact and when she looked down what she saw made her eyes widen ever so slightly. It seemed that the Greatest Swordsman in the world had decided to take part in this war.

Though she did not witness his attack, she was sure that his slash was what had caused the loud noise.

A bright glow then formed in the sky, Irin squinted at the illumination before she recognised who it was.

Admiral Kizaru had decided to join the fight and his first target was none other than the infamous Whitebeard. The young pinkette furrowed her brows a little at the turn of events but before she could even act, Marco had swooped in to block Kizaru's light bombardments that were meant for the older man.