•GUNS AND ROOMMATES•

Start from the beginning

The watchman blinked at him as he slowly came back to his sense, his brain still muddled with sleep.

"The owner?"

Jin nodded excitedly.

The watchman pointed to the single house on the ground floor "That's her house. She is at home"

Jin flashed a smile at the watchman and bowed at him "Thank you!"

In an instant he was infront of the door and pressing the bell.

The door was opened by woman who looked like she was well into her 50s, with curlers in her brown hair with obvious streaks of white.

"Who are you?"

Jin bowed "Hello Ma'am, I am Choi Yoojin. I contacted you last night about renting an apartment"

"The mad guy who called in the middle of the night?" The woman asked in a strict voice.

Jin tilted his head "I did call you in the middle of the night. But I am perfectly sane. Must be some other person"

The woman wagged her finger at him "Don't be smart with me. Go on give me the advance. 100,000 won"

Jin held up one finger and turned his back on the woman. He looked around once before opening his back pack and pulling out the required amount.

He zipped up his bag, holding it tight again and handed the money to the woman.

She went back inside and came back with a small silver key in her hand. "Here. This is your key. The other key is with the other guy already living in there"

Jin nodded and bowed "Thank you ma'am-"

"You should pay the rent of 40,000 won before the fifth of every month. If you are late I'll kick you out" the woman warned.

Jin nodded "Understood"

"Mhmm, second floor, the house on the right" She said "Go"

Jin did not need to be told twice as he headed off the elevator.

He sighed when he saw that the elevator was out of service and went for the stairs. Climbing upto two floors everyday couldn't be that bad.

He went to the house on the right as she had told and glanced at the two empty slots.

So the other guy hadn't put his name in?

Jin shrugged to himself and decided to knock even though he had the key so that he wouldn't walk in on anything he shouldn't see.

He had read countless stories of people walking in on their roomate naked.

Jin smiled to himself as he knocked again.

There was faint shuffling sounds behind the door but when the door did not open even after a few minutes Jin decided that the other person was not here and pulled out his key.

He pushed the key in and turned. The door gave away with a click.

It was dark inside, which was unusual since it was broad daylight outside. Jin stepped in with a careful step, gauging where the light switch could-

Jin was pulled and pushed flat against the wall next to the door. His one hand covering Jin's mouth.

Jin latched onto the person's coat with his free hand and opened his eyes, fear filled in them.

They locked with a pair of dark brown eyes. They were like those expensive whiskey bottles that his mother kept in her cabinets. Brown bordering on gold. Managing to shine even in the shadows.