Family

Din hoped the Party wouldn't be too awkward for Luke after all most of the Mandalorians weren't the nicest. Then again Din wasn't either but the other didn't mind.

The two hadn't seen each other since that morning. Luke took hours to get ready and was almost there. "Fashionably late I guess." He sighed looking at the time. "We should just turn around. I bet they didn't even notice we're not there."

"Oh, they did." Obi-wan showed up next to him.

"Kriff! What did I tell you about not scaring the shit out of me?!" Luke looked at him annoyed before his face softened. "It's good to see you though. What do you mean?"

"Oh, Din noticed. He's worried you might find the whole ordeal too weird."

"Good thing I'm nearly there, then."

"Do you love that man?"

"What?"

"I just don't want you to get hurt and-"

Obi-wan got interrupted by Anakin. "Wait! The Mandalorian?!" They started arguing and Luke tuned them out finally landing and dropping off R2 at Din's place before making his way into the party, Grogu sitting on his shoulders.

The Jedi looked up to the child ignoring the stares. "Let's find your dad, you little Goblin." He made his way through the crowd and after a while found him. Excited he beamed at him and waved him over. They met and Luke hugged him. "Hey!"

"Hey, mesh'la, you seem happy." Din smiled back at him ignoring the people around him as the other caught all his attention. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. Thanks for inviting me." Luke felt at home around him and all the nervousness had just left his body.

Din held his hands while grogu climbed over on his shoulders. "Of course. This holiday is all about family."

Luke felt touched. He knew they were close but sharing his culture with him like that made his knees weak.

They hung out for a while catching up on whatever the other was doing while they were apart until Boba came over. "Oh, hey, didn't know you'd invite the Jetii."

"Hey." Luke smiled at him trying to be nice as they did say they were even. But he couldn't ignore the awkward tension. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good. I've been living in Jabba's old Palace but come to visit Din ever so often." He looked at Grogu. "Hey, there little one!" Boba picked up the child and went off with him.

"So, King of Mandalore, may this lowly Jedi have a dance." Luke smiled at him extending his hand.

"The Jedi should know I don't really dance."

"But for him, you will." Luke pulled him into the crowd with him. "You already did once."

"Well, that's true." Din chuckled and let the other guide him to the dance floor which had been pretty empty until Luke pulled him there and started to dance with him.

Luke laughed and pulled other people in as well, including Bo Katan and Cara. He kept trying to get back to Din to dance with him but got wrapped in by other people even dancing with Boba for a while which was awkward as hell. But he had the time of his life, sure there were still people who would prefer to not have him there but some were even dancing with him.

Eventually, Din got ahold of the Jedi pulling him close as they danced. They spun around until the song ended with Luke leaning his forehead against the other. With that Din had to go on stage to give a speech.

Luke got Grogu back from Boba and held him while listening to it.

"Hello, all of you. I am not really good at this whole thing. But I just wanted to say a few words. These past months have been challenging but equally rewarding. Thank you all for doing your best in helping me rebuild Mandalore. This Holiday is about family and I want you all to thank your family, your creed for being with you through thick and thin. If you don't have people you consider family, don't fret. This is the perfect opportunity to find them. I have found my family and I could not be happier with it. So thank you all for supporting me."