Chandrilla

Luke, Din, and Grogu were on their way to Chandrilla to finish the last things for the academy. He was also asked to attend a meeting with the Senate.

Din who at first didn't want to come along joined him anyways because the other told him he would train Grogu during this. They were in Din's ship and while flying Luke played with Grogu to distract him from the long flight. During this, the Mandalorian couldn't help but steal a few glances.

They dropped off Grogu with Ben, at his apartment that he had bought in the city. He gave his nephew and Grogu a quick kiss on the head before turning to Din. "Okay, I'll go now. Make yourself at home and if anything happens don't hesitate to call me." With that, he left.

Din felt a bit awkward in his house that was until the children approached him. When Luke came back in the evening he found all three sleeping on his couch. He felt warm inside and went over to them.

The Jedi couldn't lie to himself, he was attracted to his student's father. But to be fair he was just his type and way too caring and sweet for his own good. He carefully as not to wake them picked up Grogu and Ben putting them in the guest bed.

Luke then kneeled down in front of the Mandalorian. He just looked at him for a while unsure if he should wake him up. In the end, he decided to wake him thinking that sleeping in his armor would be uncomfortable.

When Din woke up and didn't feel the kids in his arms he panicked for a second shooting up before seeing the other in front of him and calming down.

"Sorry, I just thought you might rather sleep in my bedroom. You know with the helmet and everything." Luke smiled at him feeling bad for scaring him. "I already put the kids in bed."

"Your bedroom?"

"Yeah, I'll take the couch."

"You don't have to."

"I know. But I want to."

They eventually went to sleep for the night after Luke insisted he'd take his room. The next day they went to Leia's and Han's house to drop off Ben. On the way, Ben insisted on holding both Luke's and Din's hands while Grogu was sitting on the Mandalorian's shoulders. Luke was happy to see his nephew get alleged with him. It was good for him to come out of his shell more.

When they arrived Leia opened and immediately hugged Luke. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

Han looked at his son and Din. "Looks like you might not be that bad after all. Ben seems to like you and I respect that."

Din was sure this was the nicest thing the other has said to him. "Thank you, I-"

"Don't get me wrong, one wrong move and you're toast."

"Han!" Luke hit him in the arm. "Be nice. Din is my friend."

Friend. Din was surprised. To be honest, he had no idea what they were until now, hearing that made him happy.

Leia pulled her brother aside and send the kids to the garden to play. When they were gone Han spoke up again. "You hurt the kid, chewie will rip your arms off and I'll do worse. He gets attached quickly and has been through a lot. If I see him hurt because of you you're dead, understood."

"Understood. I don't want to hurt him, I promise. Like Luke said we're friends."

Luke and Leia were in another room. "Are you okay? Did you watch the video?"

"I did." Luke looked at the ground his mind racing.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not really." Luke took a deep breath and looked up at his sister. "I'm working through it but I'm okay. Being with Din and Grogu helped a lot."