ch 28

Enzo Toun

"Are you here to check on them too?" Zach questioned as he exited his car.

It's been four hours since I dropped them off. And Liam hadn't answered or even seen my texts or phone calls, so I was concerned. In addition, I may have spoken with my cousin Simon, who happens to be Alexis' teacher. And he told me that it was that lady who wrote the article and circulated it to all the other parents. Despite the fact that the majority of them shunned her for it.

"Mhm. He didn't respond to your calls either?" I asked, and he nodded, my concern growing.

"Liam was right, you two are practically the same person. You even have similar thoughts and expressions." Zaria giggled as she exited the passenger side. We both turned to her, confused, but she shrugged. "Nothing, just come help me," she replied as she opened the trunk. 

She handed each of us a hotpot before taking a much smaller one in her arms. Zaria got a spare key from beneath a loose plank and opened the door as the three of us headed inside to the kitchen. We placed the food on the table and looked around at the empty house.

"Upstairs we go." Zaria said, yanking me by my forearm. I staggered behind her, surprised that for someone so much smaller than me, she could drag me up the steps, and Zach chuckled as he followed us. When we arrived to Alexis' room, Zach carefully opened the door.

 The sighed seemed to melt all of our hearts, and Zaria let out a gentle 'Awww'. At the sight of  Liam sleeping on his back, his arms wrapped over Alexis, who was cuddled up on his chest asleep as well.

Zaria took out her phone taking a lot of pictures. "Send them all to me." I whispered. 

She giggled as she smiled at me. "Yeah, I will, and I have so many more." She remarked, putting her phone in her pocket. 

"We should probably not wake them." I said about to turn around. 

"I think it is too late for that." Zach stated, pointing to Alexis. I recall Liam mentioning that she was a light sleeper. She sat up, looked down at her sleeping father, then at us, the disorientation of having just awoken evident on her face, but she looked absolutely adorable.

"Shouldn't we just wake up Liam too though?" Zach asked us in hushed tone. I merely shrugged my shoulders, staring at Alexis, who was still not  fully awake.

"The poor man has been going through hell for the past two weeks. He hasn't gotten any sleep since two nameless people have been worrying him out of his mind because was scared to lose them." Zaria gave us a clear look before turning to Liam, who was asleep. "The unfortunate guy" I knew she was joking, but I couldn't help but feel slightly bad, and Zach did as well. "Okay, take a breather. He's just relieved to see you both again and to be able to sleep, but we should get him up for dinner." She released a sigh.

I smiled at her nodding in agreement.

"Hey why don't Zar, Alexis and I go set up for dinner while you wake Liam." Zach's words caused me to raise an eyebrow. 

"That seems like an excellent plan." Zaria agreed. gently lifting Alexis off Liam.

 As the three reached the door, Zach turned around. "Just so you know, he gets grouchy for the first few seconds since he hates being woken up," Zach added as he shut the door.

Now it made more sense why they wanted me to do it. I looked back at Liam who looked so peaceful. I knelt beside him, noticing how his golden blond hair flowed smoothly over his face and how calm all of his features were. "Hey Liam," I said softly, gently shaking him; I tried it again, and this time he grumbled, rolling on his side with his back turned to me.

I groaned and moved carefully onto the bed before falling over him, my head on his chest, but I was careful not to kill him. "Uh- What the fuck?" With a glare, he mumbled and snapped his eyes open. 

"You wouldn't wake up." I shrugged, looking up at him with the most innocent look I could muster. 

"So your brilliant plan was to try to murder me?" He mumbled, attempting to shove me off.

"Okay, grumpy pants, how about you calm down first, and then I'll get off you?" I chuckled hardly even moving despite his efforts. 

"I'm not a grouch. Now, you're heavy, get off "Liam snarled. 

"How about we continue what we never finished at the hill?" I smirked, amused, as his entire mood shifted. His cheeks flushed a tiny shade of crimson and he averted eye contact. cute.

"Where's Alexis?"

"She's downstairs with Zach and Zaria, preparing dinner." I said smiling at him.

 "Then let's go," 

I  was not paying attention this time. He pushed me off the edge, and I plummeted to the ground with a shriek and thud as I landed on my rear. Of course, Liam broke out laughing as he stood in front of me. "Are you all right?" He asked though his laughter.

"If you're going to laugh at me, at least help me up." I said, extending my hand. He calmed down from his laughter and took my hand in his to pull me up, but I pulled with a little more strength, causing him to stumble and fall down on top of me. 

"You're a fucking ass," he chuckled as he fell on my chest. 

"It's only fair." I shrugged as the door opened.

Alexis came in, paused when she spotted us, and then leapt on Liam, causing both of us to grunt at the sudden added weight. "Love, that hurt," Liam said ruffling her hair. Alexis apologized.

but all I could think about was how much I wanted him to call me love, honey, and darling as well as all the sweet pet names he gave Alexis.

Who would have thought my life would come to the point where I was jealous of a five-year-old?

"Alrighty, lover boys. Dinners ready. I'd sent Alexis to tell you but clearly, the message didn't get through." Zaria laughed from the door. Liam climbed off of me once Alexis got off of him, and we were soon all seated at the table.

"So are you two official now?" Zach asked suddenly changing the subject from the previous conversation. I looked at Liam, and we both realized we hadn't gotten that far yet. 

"Papa, is Enzo your boyfriend?" Alexis questioned, making me flush, and Liam nearly choked on his food, causing Zach to burst out laughing.

 "No, he's not," Liam said, beaming at his daughter. 

"Not yet," I mumbled only loud enough for him to hear because he was beside me. He glared at me and smacked my arm.

"Why don't you invite them to your party, Alexis?" Liam coughed, and she perked up, as if she had forgotten about the conversation.

 "Everyone. Papa said I could have a birthday party on Saturday and invite all of my friends "She said with glee. "Can you come too?" Alexis  asked, her gaze fixed on us. 

"I already have a streak of showing up for all of your birthdays, and I'm not about to break it." Zach stated triumphantly, and there was a tinge of envy in me

"I won't break mine either," Zaria remarked, glaring at her brother before smiling at Alexis, who applauded. They all seemed to be staring at me, as if they were waiting for a response. 

"I have stuff to do that day," I said as I saw her deflate. "But, I'll finish it as quickly as I can and then come over, okay?" I remarked and smiled seeing her grin again.

 I'm not sure, but it looked from the corner of my eye that Liam did as well.

Just a little bit of fluff after the 'angst' Anyway I missed these to being all in love in their own way and Alexis.

Also just to clarify. Enzo does not hate Zach, they are still good friends and get along amazing. He just feels  a little jealous because of how close Zach is with Liam and Alexis and how long he's known them.

As usual drop all your constrictive criticism and thoughts on this chapter <3