The Training Begins

Start from the beginning

I stay there looking up at the ceiling as I felt myself starting to give up, I mean this is like the fifteenth time that Nat has either pinned me down or landed me on my back. I haven't even been able to land a single punch, I mean... I'm not surprised but still. It's getting exhausting.

It certainly doesn't help that Steve is just standing there and watching from the front of the room.

"Come on kid, get up."

I ignore Nat's command as I dreadfully roll over until I am on my hands and knees. I slowly pick myself off the ground, turning towards Nat with a feeling of annoyance and slight anger as she kicks at my feet with the intent of getting me back down, I can tell by the smirk on her face and the quirked brow that she is just trying to mess with me as she can sense my frustration. I just barely dodge a punch and threw my weight into my own as I catch her off guard. To my surprise (and hers), I land one solid jab to her side causing her to lurch back in shock.

I didn't get to enjoy the celebration as she turns and instantly strikes back because of my distractedness, her punch lands head on to the target, a.k.a my stomach. I collapse instantly by the sudden pain and pressure, my breath getting knocked out of me once more but this time, I only collapse to my knees as I cave into myself from the pain. I hear Steve shout at us but I don't process what he is saying until I look up to see him storming over to Nat with an angered expression.

"It's fine." I croak out.

I slowly stand, using the ground as slight support. I pull my hands up and position my feet to a fighting stance, blood dripping down and onto my hands and feet from my mouth.

"I can do this." I motion her over. "Come on. I can do this all day." I huff, my body slightly swaying from my stomach still being in pain from her punch.

I see the red head look over at Steve (who I can see staring at me from the corner of my eye from my word use), with a grin before she nods and steps forward till she is standing in front of me in a fighting position.

"Ready?" She asks rhetorically.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I spit.

"Good."

I run towards her, a small- frustrated scream leaves my lips as I aim for her side. I turn my body swiftly to the left as she aims for a kick to my stomach. I grab ahold of her leg and pull it towards me so she looses her balance and with that, I send a kick her to her right leg and catch her off guard, getting a victory as she falls down on the matted floor.

I raise my arms in the air as it registers in my brain that I knocked down the Black Widow. I grin over to the super soldier watching, a proud look on his face as he claps along with a big smile stretching across his face. I look back over at the assassin to see her getting up with a big grin, walking over to me she places a hand out for a high five. I feel myself start to relax as I know that our session has ended.

"You did a good job there kid."

"Thanks Nat, I'm just glad that we're done." I sigh as I take the water bottle from the super soldier who walked up to us with some after we shook hands.

"Yeah don't worry, you are done for the day." Steve rubs my head.

I turn to him with a grateful smile then my face brightens up at the idea forming in my head "I think I deserve a piggy back ride for doing this."

I watch as the man's expression turns from concentration to amusement as he registers my proposal. I hear Nat let out a snort as she shakes her head before patting the super soldier on the arm and walks away giving me a wave goodbye as I wave her off.

"Alright, why not." The man standing in front of me shrugs as he turns and motions for me to hop on.

I take a few steps back to give myself a start then take off at the man's back. I successfully launched myself onto the super soldiers back like a baby koala. I hear him let out a chuckle I am quick to latch my arms around his neck to keep myself up right.

"Nice." I sigh out as I let the man carry me out of the room, and most likely on our way back to the room.

"Enjoying the ride?" Steve jokes as we pass through the labs.

I wave at the two scientists who were busy working in their respectful space. I see Bruce let out a chuckle, shaking his head in amusement before he waves back as he pushes his glasses up with the other. Then, there was Tony who was just glaring at Steve for some unknown reason, yet he did wave back to me before turning back around to continue working on whatever it is they are doing. I just shrug my shoulders as I look down at Steve for a moment. He just continues to keep on walking towards the elevator. I rest my head back on his shoulder, the feeling of his body lets out a slight shiver from the feeling of my breath tickling the side of his neck, causing a small smirk to fall on my lips. I wrap my arms tighter around his shoulders, snuggling myself more into the back of my favorite super soldier.

What a fool I am to think that I can stop these feelings... *le sigh*

•••

"Man, this is nice." I hum in content as I lay on my back, staring up at the clear-blue sky.

The way the sun shine down on my skin, making it feel nice and warm but not too much to were it is over bearing. I turn my head over to the side to sew Steve laying with his arms behind his head, eyes closed and a smile on his face making it evident that he was enjoy laying out on the soft yellow blanket as well.

We had ended up on the roof of the tower after we had gotten a shower and ready from the training.

"We should do this more often."

Steve's voice breaks through my thoughts as I realized I had spaced out looking at him.

"Oh." I nod sheepishly, quickly looking away. "Yeah. We should, it's a great view. I'm sure it's even better at night!"

"That is true, I can only just imagine how the stars look." I can hear the grin coming out of his voice.

With that we went back to being quiet for the rest of the time but I didn't mind, and neither did the super solider, at least thats what it seems. I was so relaxed I didn't even realized I knocked out until I felt myself start to move.

I peak open an eye to see Steve above me, the blanket now wrapped around me like a cacoon and feeling more toasty than I was earlier, especially now that the sun appeared to be going down from my blurry vision. I let out a small hum wondering if I should get up but am instantly shushed by the blonde man who continues to gather me in his arms and starts his journey back into the tower.

I just give up right away and let myself dive back into sleep as I knew that Steve was going to be stubborn about this and just carry me the rest of the way. I feel the smile on my lips get bigger as I snuggle more into the man's arms, the feeling of them tightening around my frame on instinct only broaden it.

This super soldier will be the death of me one day...