The Ghost of You (A lesbian love story) chp 7

“Sweetie, it’s two o’clock in the afternoon,” Rose said, softly. Smiling down at me.

“I’m sorry mom, I haven’t slept a wink last night.”

“Awww hun,” She cooed.

I sat up. “I should be getting up anyway. I think I need to talk to my friends more.”

“Alright. Be safe.”

She left the room and I took a shower and threw on some jeans, converse, and black tank top with my jean jacket. Lying to my mom felt awful, but I couldn’t tell her I’m working on a case or that I’ve seen her ghost and befriended a homicide detective. It’s all too much.

[Calliegh’s house]

“Hey!”

“Come on in.”

I walked inside her house. “Sorry about the whole park incident, but I really like you.”

She smiled. “You do?”

“Yeah.”

“So how did you find my house?”

“I asked people after you said you lived a block down from my house.”

She giggled. “Okay. Makes sense now.”

“I want you to be my girlfriend,” I blurted out.

She smiled again. Her eyes glowing. “You do?”

“Yeah, but I have to go right now.”

Her smiled faded and her face saddened.

I couldn’t stand it. “Come to my house later. Ask around.”

Her smile returned. “Okay.”

I walked outside and Anna was there smiling. “I’m proud of you.”

“I still miss you though.”

Her mouth was a thin line now. “I know.”

Before I could say anything else. She disappeared and I hung my head low and walked off.

[Tanner’s House]

Tanner held my hand as tears started to run down my face.

“I know you miss her, but its affecting us too. Your pulling away from me, Jones, and your family ever since she died and you can’t keep doing that!” He cried. Tears started to roll down his face too.

“I’m sorry, Tanner. Don’t worry about me though. Things will be better soon enough.”

It was true. Once those bastards are locked away I can move on with my life like Anna has.

I left after the tears were over. Talking to the homicide detective wouldn’t get me anywhere since he would think I was crazy anyway unless he believed in that stuff. I didn’t want to risk it. I was waiting for a vision to happen, so I could put those bastards behind bars for what they did.

I was on face book again when a popup came on my screen and started playing a video. I watched closely looking at three faces, one of the faces was the guy I ran into while I was at Starbucks. The other one had dirty blonde hair and the last one had spiky jet black hair. I zoomed in on their faces and uploaded the images, brightening the color, so I could see their faces better. I pulled out my cell and dialed a number.

“Hey Jones, could you come over? I have something I need you to do?”

“Um… okay.”

I know its short but i have a longer chapter up tomorrow. Gotta get to bed. Schools a killer! Lol!