"The baby might want only Rahul," I say trying hard to not feel sad and broken when saying his name.

"No! He knows nothing about babies," Karthik says while Rahul glares at him for either saying he doesn't know about babies or either saying me to stay. I guess we clearly know what he is glaring at Karthik for.

"Why don't you both stay? You guys are free anyway." Adithi chimes in as if saying this would make the scenario less awkward.

"No!" we both shout at the same time.

"No! You both are staying. Rahul is good at entertaining Chikkoo and Meera you can feed the baby and give her the meds at the right time. The baby needs you both. Please for my sake!" Adithi pleads looking at me. This was the first time she asked me for a favor.

"Ok, I will stay." I saying sighing.

Everyone's gaze turns towards Rahul expecting an answer from him. As if timed at the perfect moment Chikkoo grabs Rahul's face and kisses his cheeks." Rahu! Stay!" she says hugging him tightly.

My heart flutters at that sight.

Woah! His smile- Shut up Meera!

I am going crazy.

"See even the baby wants you! So it's decided you both stay! We will get going." Karthik says pushing out from the bedroom followed by a hurried Adithi!

"Meera help yourself to anything in the kitchen. You guys need to cook for yourselves." She rushes grabbing her blazer and purse.

"All the best for the interview," I tell her to which she answers back with a flying kiss.

The door closes with a thud and I am stuck in a house with Rahul and a baby. Can this day get any better?

"It's already 12 I better start cooking," I say more to myself and also for him to listen.

Though he doesn't pay much attention and goes back to playing with Chikkoo.

She sure is a bundle of joy.

It's been an hour or so, I have finished preparing our lunch. As I was setting the table I hear a loud squeak from the other room.

I was fast enough to rush outside to find Rahul standing on the couch with Chikkoo in his hand.

"What happened?" I ask checking around to find anything.

The only word that comes out of his mouth is "Cockroach!".

Yes! This 6-foot buff guy is scared of cockroaches. I laugh at his state as he tries to look around to find where it is and there it comes flying towards him spreading its wings.

That was enough to set him on panic mode. He jumps off from the couch and runs to the kitchen all the while carrying a laughing Chikkoo- who thinks all this is a game.

I take an old rag, go towards the cockroach catch it with the rag, and threw it out through the balcony.

"It's fine! You can come back." I shout, for the first time directing my words towards Rahul.

He takes his time to come out by poking his head and giving it a 360-degree turn just to check if it was safe. He puts down Chikkoo who walks around as if nothing happened and I look at him as he walks towards me.

"Thank you." He tells looking towards the side with his hand behind his head. I chuckle at his shyness and say nothing much.

I don't know what got into me when I said these words " Oh! There is a cockroach behind you!" I shout in an attempt to pull his leg. But all of it backfires on me when he panics and hugs me.

Everything around us seems to go unnoticed while I look into his eyes. It's been so long since we were this close.

Nothing concerned us, even a wild Chikkoo on loose didn't concern us. I am looking at him and he is looking at me. My eyes go towards his lips. They are as same as I remember though a little chapped.

I want to kiss him~

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Hello People!

I am back! I know I promise that I will come back with regular updates and all but things have become kinda hard as my personal life started to suck. None the less I hope to get back on my schedule and not try to post a chapter at 2:30 in the night. I need to get some sleep but am not able to so figured out I might just give you an update!

We finished 40 chapters! Can you believe that FORTY FREAKING CHAPTERS!

I never in my life thought I would be coming to an end of a book I started! It's all thanks to you readers who kept me motivated and wanted me to write more!

Thank you very much!

And I also want to finish this book at least by November 16th which doesn't have anything to do with my birthday!

Thank you readers for all the love you shower my book! A few more chapters and as told you will surely get a surprise, Until then Enjoy the cliffhanger!

Lots of love

~Author