Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

The hallway to his bedroom was dark and there were no lights shining from beneath the door, prompting Hunter to hit every light switch he passed, creating a well lit pathway toward his bed.

Placing her down gently on her feet, Hunter held her close, feeling her pulse pick up beneath his hands as he cupped the sides of her neck to tilt her head up toward him.

"Fuck that laundry." He said, getting an adorable laugh from Kenzie before she raised up on her tip toes and closed the space between their lips. Her soft lips were heaven and Hunter had to physically hold himself back from getting too rough with her. Kenzie awakened something within Hunter that was difficult for him to control - but he had to.

Their kisses became more intense and desperate, panting and gasping with every pass of their tongues as they pressed against each other.  Hunter wanted to let go of his control and take her right there on the edge of his bed, but he stopped himself, letting the logical side of his brain take over for a few seconds to give himself some clarity.

We don't have any rules or boundaries set up, I don't know what she wants or what she likes - or what she'll allow. Pump the fucking breaks Hunter and get some intel before you take this any further. You can't fuck this up and go too fast or scare her.

Pulling back, Hunter held Kenzie in place, giving them both a second to rest as they caught their breath together.

It was infatuation at its best. They were drunk off of each other's kisses and couldn't get enough, wanting nothing more than to be touching from head to toe - consumed by one another.

"Go get changed into something comfy while I hop in the shower and wash this job off of me." Hunter said, letting his thumb brush back and forth across Kenzie's cheek as he spoke in a softened voice that he barely recognized.

Without any hesitation, Kenzie nodded in his hands giving him a smile as she followed his instructions and took a step back.

She's naturally submissive when she feels safe and comfortable. I gotta make sure she always feels that way with me.

Giving her a peck on the top of the head, Hunter turned and went to get in the shower with his thoughts running a hundred miles per hour through his head.

Letting the hot water wash away the stress of the job he'd just worked, Hunter closed his eyes and ran his hands through his wet hair, trying to keep the secret he was hiding from Kenzie out of the forefront of his mind and filed away so he could deal with it later.

Kenzie's an independent spit fire, but only because she has to be. She's had to watch her own back since she was a child and stay alert and ready for any possible threats. But I can see how much she hates it. She wants to be cared for and not have to worry - she said so herself. So how do I take charge and take care of her without making her feel like I'm trying to take her freewill and independence.

After running through all sorts of scenarios in his mind, Hunter braced his hands on the side of the shower wall, bending down so the water could rush over the back of his head.

The only way to know what Kenzie likes is to learn - Trial and error with a shit ton of communication which I'm not the best at. At least not about feelings.

It's not that Hunter wasn't able to communicate effectively. Hell, most of his job depended on clear communication. Not only that, but communication was always a priority with other women he'd slept with.  But this was different, this wasn't a job and it definitely wasn't a one night stand- far from it.

It was going to be so much more than an emotionless declaration of rules. It was going to be intimate and personal with so many feelings and emotions to consider. Hunter knew he was a damn good rule follower, but he wanted to take his time to learn Kenzie's rules - what she'd allow...what she wanted most.