chapter 14

The guardian of Veyhuar let out a ferocious growl that echoed through the wind and the ruins. And quite literally on cue, a downpour of sparkling snow began falling from the sky, showering the, now very alive, volcano. The collision of the two opposing elements was a phenomenon.

But of course, this was sure to put the four of our lives in grave danger. "Tazor! Anything you can do to shield us from all of this?" Mirume said in an appropriate sense of urgency. Tazor, looking more serious than I'd ever seen him before, nodded with a focused scowl before launching his hands up high.

"Spirits residing over Scal-horia, please grant us invulnerability!" Tazor called out. Suddenly, wisps appeared from nothingness and began spiraling around the four of us. There were several of them in colors of light blue and others in deep pink.

"These spirits have granted us lasting immunity to the elements of fire and ice." Tazor confirmed and the rest of us nodded before fully turning our attention back to the dragons who were ready for a violent duel.

Simultaneously, both dragons shot directly upward into the sky, leaving foggy beams in their trail. As high as they'd gone up in the air, you'd assume that they would no longer be in the sight of human eyes. But you'd be wrong to assume that.

Because of the size and ferocity of these dragons, looking into the sky felt like watching the sun take part in a sparring match with the moon. These two parallel spheres of great light and energy clashing and bouncing through the sky, forcing the clouds within their range to dissipate pathetically into complete nothingness.

We could feel the vibrations and crashes surging through the entire area around us. It was unsettling to say the very least. But all too noticable, the guardian of Veyhuar's energy was beginning to grow much weaker as time went on.

"We have to help her." Jesse suddenly said to the rest of us. "We have to help the guardian of Veyhuar!"

"But how are supposed to do that?" I asked in a bit of frustration as the wind continued to nearly sweep us off of our feet. "Oh, should we jump on the flame dragon's head and give ourselves a ride?"

Jesse sighed roughly and paid no mind to my unnecessarily rude remark. "Guys, we literally have two magic users in our party. And on top of that, we have an alchemy user and a full fledged knight. How are we not doing anything to help our dragon companion in this fierce battle?" He had a point. But as much as it was true, I still had no idea how much we would be able to be of assistance.

"Okay, then what exactly is the plan?" Mirume asked the well needed question. And Jesse, in response, showed an uncharacteristically serious expression on his face.

"Tazor, cast an anti gravity spell on my person so i can ride these violent currents of wind being made by the wings of the dragons in battle." Jesse said to Tazor before then, turning to me. "May, use your magic to try and direct my body to be as close to the flame dragon as possible. Once I call my cue, Tazor will reverse the anti gravity spell so that I can strike down on the flame dragon's neck with grand sleeper. And you, Mirume. While we're doing all of this, I need you to conduct an alchemic severance ritual. When I ground the flame dragon, she'll land in the alchemy circle and you can sever her wings to keep her grounded."

I wish i had time to be as impressed as I felt I should have been. But we had to get right to it, no parlaying. All eyes became laser focused on Tazor as he spoke a magic spell to cast on Jesse.

"Spirits of Scal-horia! I ask, relieve the noble knight of all that weighs him down!" He yelled out. And in that instant, Jesse began to levitate in his weightlessness. It was now my turn to make a move.

As Jesse allowed himself to use the rapid wind to momentously launch himself way up high, I focused on his before thrusting my hands towards him, feeling my magic create a light grip on him. Just as he had instructed me to do, I tried my best to direct him towards the flame dragon of deadclaw. She moved around so quickly and spontaneously, it was really hard for me to get Jesse close to her. And it wasn't long before my arms would begin to grow exhausted from pressure.

"Tazor! Do something!" I practically screeched, not really knowing what to expect. But on that cue, I suddenly saw him launching himself up to the sky, near the dragon before creating a wall of pure magic, greatly limiting the traveling range of her. That made this much easier as now, she couldn't move very far away from Jesse.

I now stiffly through Jesse in the direction of the trapped dragon and then saw the magic wall disappear as Tazor undid his anti gravity spell. Then Jesse came crashing down toward the dragon like a bolt of lightning as he unleashed his powerful weapon. The weapon that was gifted to him by Mirume. The weapon called grand sleeper.

As grand sleeper was thrust toward the horned head of the flame dragon, she began to descend. But not nearly enough to fall into the alchemy for that was being created by Mirume. We needed more pressure. But we were all strung out at this point. Nothing left to give.

But suddenly, it was like a miracle as thr guardian of Veyhuar appeared, tackling and trampling the flame dragon, causing them both to spiral downward.

And in thd aftermath of her surprise attack, both dragons were trapped in Mirume's alchemy circle.