chapter 6

Huge in it's length and width, It carried the head of an axe on a long pole. But a fiber wire lever with several buckles to it, stretched over Mirume's shoulder and into a pocket on his back. A lever he would use to fully manipulate this weapon that was much bigger than himself.

"I call it 'grand sleeper'. The Axe head on the tip, made from dried and crisped ice. The wire, made from tons and tons of elastic and fiber while the pole bearing the axe head, as well as the supporters on the wire, are entirely made out of actual, fully grown muscles of ogres. All combined to create the ultimate melee weapon."

My jaw dropped as I looked up at this dangerous thing. It was admirable and so intimidating all at once. "Mirume, how did you...get those things to make...this?"

"Oh, I have people." He said, rather nonchalantly.  "How else am I expected to run a blacksmith's business if I dont have people to retrieve the rarest most valuable of items?"

"Okay..." I responded, trying to now, shake off the awe that I was feeling from the presence of 'grand sleeper'.

"So, now that we have introductions and inventory out of the way, next would be coordinates." Mirume said, casually.

"Oh uh, yeah." I started, hesitantly. "Veyhuar is two hundred miles north of Scal-horia. How are we expected to travel there?"

"Don't worry. Tazor and I already have the covered. Isn't that right, Tazor?"

"Yep!" Tazor said proudly yet nobly. "Mirume created a wooden carriage and I was able to tame three, healthy and buff horses with enchantment magic, to ride us on through! I also took the liberty of casting attribute spells on the horses to incredible their speed and power!"

I leaned over to Jesse and jokingly whispered "these two are trying to show us up already, huh?" I earned a hardy laugh from him in response while Tazor blushed from the feeling of feeling complimented but shook it off.

"Right then. So, I also packed some necessary items for the road ahead. "Said Tazor. "I've got four vitality potions, one for each of us. Four energy potions, alike. Four revival potions in case, you know, we die and lastly, four sleep potions, in case we have to weaken the conscience of our target."

"Good work, Tazor." Mirume said, applauding him. And Tazor blushed in response, giving a sweet smile towards Mirume.

After this gathering, we finished our snacks and went our way to the outer banks of Scal-horia, where the carriage and enchanted horses were waiting patiently for us. One by one, we got ourselves into the carriage where Tazor revealed even more snacks.

"Where does he get all of these snacks from and where does he keep them?" I asked Jesse, with a short laugh. "Amazing and strange things happen when you have a mage who loves eating food." He responded, chuckling back.

"You're dang right I love food!" Tazor said proudly and we all laughed as we carried off into travel. And somehow, I wasn't really afraid of what was to come. I really thought I would have been. But I guess these three guys, made me feel like everything would be not only fine, but fun as well.

It was around 4:30pm now. It would take us promptly two and a half hours to reach out destination. That seemed fine, really. We had snacks (lots of em) jokes and conversation. And all of those things would help us build bonds on the way. After all, I had only just met these new friends of mine today. So I was grateful for the duration of the carriage ride.

"Soooo." I started mischievously as I eyed Tazor, then Mirume. "What's with the two of you making googly eyes at each other so much, hm? What's really going on?" Jesse gave another big laugh and played along. "Yeah, what's going on between you two twinks, huh?"

Tazor and Mirume both looked flustered and tinted red as they grumbled and muttered messily, trying their best to stifle their silly smiles. Mirume then cleared his throat. "First of all, Jesse, you already know what's going on!" He shouted playfully.

"I do." Jesse said with a smug smile on his face. "But I'm greatly entertained. And besides, maybe I know what's going on between the two of you, but May doesn't. And she asked first."

"And thats why we call her nosy Rosie, isn't it Jesse?"

"Oh don't change the subject, lover boy." I said, teasingly I want answers and I've got all day."

"Do you? Do you really?" He asked, stalling.

"Try me." I dared him.

Tazor, who looked as red as a berry, finally got himself involved in the conversation. "We're together!" He yelled out before hiding his face, shyly. That was adorable.

Mirume was becoming more and more red from shyness by the second before clearing his throat. "There, nosy. You got your answers." He whined.

"Oh, I want more." I said, pressing the subject. "i wanna know how you two lovebirds met."

"You can ask Tazor to give you all the details of that, later. But look, we're here." Said Mirume, trying to collect himself.

"We've arrived at Veyhuar."