chapter 10

You might be surprised at how quick things can make substantial progress with our teamwork. I mean, considering we have an advanced blacksmith who's power recently took a major increase and then a nerdy mage, a scholarly witch and a less than fully intelligent knight, I'd say we had a pretty solid team.

Four days had passed by at this point and we had already built village homes and a guarding fence around the borders of our soon to be castle town of Veyhuar. There was so much more to be done but I was more than content with the pace which we had been moving.

Gathering materials was pretty easy now that we had a dragon as an ally that could aid us in transportation. Mirume decided to simply give her the name 'guardian of Veyhuar'. And as for his new weapon, the sword he claimed from the Veyhuar mountain temple, he calls it 'steel vein'.

It was now late in the evening of a hard day's work, when Mirume suddenly called for a 'royal meeting'. So we all, mama dragon included, gathered at the Veyhuar mountain temple, which had been revamped itself, by Mirume.

The mama dragon now known as the guardian of Veyhuar was now given the ability to transform into a baby dragon so that small places like the temple could be more accessible to her. This new ability of hers was, of course, courtesy of Tazor the mage.

"Hello, all." Mirume said in a formal manner. I'd assume he was meaning to present himself in a kingly way. "I have called for this meeting to announce our next mission. While there's plenty of building left to do in our royal castle town, I've realized that we do not have sufficient material in order to build the statues that are to be worshipped."

"Alright, king Tut." Said Jesse in a teasing voice. "what are we supposed to retrieve and where do we find it?" He seemed to want to get straight to the point and i couldn't blame him. It was quite late in the evening and we were all very exhausted from working out butts off for all of this.

"Right." Mirume said with a nervous chuckle, before laying down a map for display. "So I figured the best way for a statue to be worthy of a person's worship, is by the expectation that it gives something in return. And the typical worshipper of any god, often seeks healing."

"Oooh so then the statue will harbor a healing material?" Said Tazor, sounding enthusiastically curious.

"That's correct, big boy." Mirume responded and i almost cooed at them for their adorable exchange as well as thr way I noticed Tazor's blushing at the nickname given by Mirume.

Mirume then turned his attention back to the map. "So to create a healing substance, what we'll need is two different materials from two very different areas. Firstly, from the rivers of Izabeth, we'll need to catch a dozen winter wisps. Then, afterwards we go to the inactive volcano in the ruins of deadclaw to collect their counterparts, charcoal beetles. The combination of substances from these consumable and convertible creatures, is said to have a cooling then warming effect on the physical body, to relieve pains and aches while greatly increasing one's own natural healing process speed."

"Sounds valuable enough." I said unenthusiastically. "Except how do you turn a bunch of land and air critters into a giant, holy statue?"

"Stone mold." He said, giving a short answer.

"Stone WHAT?" I questioned for clarification

"Stone mold, nosy Rosie." He repeated. "It's pretty self explanatory. It's grey mold that can be spread and expanded into structure and then you harden it with heat or ice. It makes for extremely valuable building material, so all blacksmiths tend to keep loads of it handy. And considering there will be both heat and cold from the other materials involved, the hardening part is basically already covered."

"Sounds like you have it all figured out." I said, too tired to really be all that impressed, let alone, be all that engaged in the conversation. "But do you expect us to go out tonight and gather the materials needed? Because I think I speak for everyone when I say we're really exhausted." Jesse and Tazor both gave nods and gestures of agreement to my statement.

"Oh, heavens no!" Mirume responded, much to our relief. "We'll head out for scavenging, tomorrow at noon sharp. As for now, all five of us, including the guardian of Veyhuar, need to get our rest." That statement from him right there, earned a round of sleepy applause from our party members.

So at that, we gathered ourselves into one of the inns we'd built, and quickly, each and every one of us, were out like lightbulbs.