✟~₮₩Ø~✟

Later that afternoon, Ciel was heading to the den. Along his way, he passed his father study, and a strong scent filled his senses. His father did have an alpha's scent, but it was suppressed because he had a mate. The smell had to be a new alpha.

Ciel panicked and threw open the doors. Vincent was sitting with what clearly smelled like an Alpha. Ciel glared at the man as he stood and beamed at him.

He was tall and muscular, quite like any Alpha. Raven black hair draped down slightly in front of his face. The irises slight glow as their red color met the direct light. His jaw was sharp, and so was his attire. He wore a butler suit, which Ciel knew meant the alpha was being employed.

"Absolutely not." Ciel growled, stomping towards his father. He took cautious actions to make distance from the new Alpha.

"Ciel, this is Sebastian, your new butler." Vincent introduced. Sebastian bowed towards the Omega politely.

"Father, no!" Ciel pleaded, releasing a fearful scent.

Sebastian smelled it and released his own calming pheromones which made Ciel relax. The young master glared at him for using his chemicals.

"Why not, son?"

Ciel hid behind his father as he glowered at Sebastian. "I can smell that he's unmated. An unmated Alpha living close quarters with an unmated omega, can you see the issue there?"

Sebastian finally spoke up to assure Ciel, "I have self control over my drive, sir. You do not need to worry about that."

Vincent then defended, "Our mansion is attacked daily by alphas now, Ciel. Your mother and I think, if we bring in an unmated alpha, your smell will be masked."

Ciel crossed his arms and scoffed, "This is a plan of yours to mate me, isn't it?" His father chuckled nervously and denied it, but Ciel could see right through him. "Fine, the alpha can stay, but he will stay ten feet away from me!"

As Ciel passed Sebastian, he warned, "Don't even dare think about mating with me! One wrong move, and I'll have you fired!"

"Yes, young master." Sebastian nodded, crossing an arm across his chest.

Ciel fumed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. Vincent sighed and lolled his head back, hoping his son didn't ruin Sebastian's opinion of the Phantomhives. Sebstian smiled to himself, admiring Ciel's pride despite being an Omega.

"Please, forgive my son." Vincent chuckled nervously. "He's very superstitious about Alphas, especially unmated ones. From this morning, you can see why."

"Of course, my earl." Sebastian sympathized, pressing his lips together. "Those mongrels have probably scared him half to death, going as far as to attack his home."

Vincent slowly nodded, thinking back on the many years of attacks. "He'll warm up to you once he realizes you're here to protect him."

"I'll do my best!"

~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~

Ciel made his way down to the garden to think, and sure enough, Finny was there tending to the roses. Ciel passed by him and perked his ears.

"Young master?" Finny gasped, getting a closer whiff of him. "You smell like...an Alpha!" He became protective. "Did somebody hurt you?"

"No, no, no." Ciel demurred. "My father hired a new unmated Alpha as a butler. His scent is suffocating." He threw his hands up on frustration. "Why did he even hire an Alpha anyway?"

Finny glared and released an angry pheromone. It wasn't too strong, considering he was just a Beta, but it alerted Mey-rin and Bardroy from their stations. Ciel pouted as the three of them continued to question and smell.

"Did he seem threatening?" Bardroy asked, glancing up at the study window.

Ciel shook his head, "No, but he did use a calming pheromone with out my permission!"

"Well, it was probably a nice gesture." Finny timidly suggested, trying to stay positive.

"Well, I didn't like it! I don't like my emotions being controlled."

Mey-rin scooped him up and held him close like a protective sister. "I'll protect you, yes I will! He won't lay a hand on my young master."

Ciel pouted even more being treated as if he were defenseless, but since it was the three people who protect him, he didn't mind. Only they were allowed to be protective over him. Though he'd never admit it, he did look up to them like older siblings.

"Ah! It almost time for dinner, young master!" Finny pointed out.

Mey-rin followed, "Right! let's get him dressed!"

The three of them trailed behind him as they walked to Ciel's room. Along the way, Sebastian's strong scent filled the air. Bardroy and Finnian moved to walk in front of Ciel, while Mey-rin protected from the side as Sebastian walked passed.

The alpha didn't seem to notice or care, even when the three servants glared at him. However, he did catch Ciel's aroma brushing by.

"Poor thing," Sebastian sighed to himself. "It's ashame he won't mate."

~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~

If you could change one thing about the black butler universe, what would you change?

I know I might get some hate for this, but I would honestly not have Ciel betrothed to Elizabeth. I just think they don't go together well.

Toodles~