The kiss.

A couple months have passed by since Cesar asked you out.

It was a Friday night, 12 Am. You were sitting on a swing set beside Cesar. You were very drunk, slurring your speech walking funny.

"Hey I gotta go, ruby and Jamal needs me." Cesar looks at you. "You'll be fine here right?"

It's like he's totally forgot how much you like spooky. "Mhm I'll be fine" you say, in a slurrish tone.

Cesar leaves, then Oscar looks at you. "How will you be getting home?" He says,

You thought for a second, processing his voice, and how smooth and deep it was. You couldn't keep your eyes off of him.

"I'll drive home obviously" you smiled.

You loved seeing Him frustrated, and mad. Just something about it made him so much more attractive,

"Your drunk. Need me to take you home?" He asks. Looking worried

You smile at the thought of being alone in the car with him. You excitedly say "yes I do."

You walk with him to the car, you open the door and get in. He gets in and you look at him. He starts driving. You start thinking about your parents and your brother. The tears start streaming down your face. He looks over at you then away. He's never been the best with emotions. He gets home and gets out of the car, so do you.

You start explaining your home life to him.

"My mom rarely ever talks to me, and latrelle is just...annoying. I hate being at my house so much. My step dad makes me so uncomfortable, I know he's trying to be 'cool' but he's not, I-" spooky then cuts you off with a hug.

"It all gets better, you just have to deal with it amigo." He lets go

You step back and look into his eyes. Cesars looking through the window. Looking more jealous than ever. You look down then back up. You walk over to him and kiss him. He pushes you off in a hurry. He looks panicked.

"I'm so sorry" you say quickly

"Don't mention this to anyone." He says and goes inside.

You go home.

You sit in bed thinking about the kiss. "I messed everything up." A tear runs down your cheek

You sit in bed crying holding your phone tightly in you hand, you get a notification and look at it.

Unknown number. "We need to talk."

Could it be spooky? Your stomach drops. You text back "who is this?"

"Who else would it be,"

It is spooky, you looked around and texted back "Oscar?"

"Correct"

You smile as you read it, was he thinking about you. How'd he get your number? Where did he get it.

"Don't feel bad about the kiss."

You smile wider, does he see something in you? Does he like you? Has he always or did it just develop tonight? You text back "howd you get my number?"