001

UNEDITED

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

When monsters have children, the monster with stronger magic would have their child as their species, and the next and so on, having distant traits to their parents, from how they look, to their magic.

Hybrids, however, are a rare species. Too rare that humans-even monsters!-would do anything to get their hands on them.

Baskerville was a hybrid.

He was a mix between a skeleton and a Bahgon, a species that went extinct a few years after when he was born.

Bahgons were a passive species of monsters with an amazing amount of magic, having knowledge of the world that not even the others knew about. These passive creatures are one to not mess with however, the magic would be one of the reasons why. 

They were critically endangered, and only a small village of them were left. The young ones were hunted for their fins, which made a nice material for clothing. Bahgons were slow-aging monsters, which meant that they had weak bodies, and they were mainly the source of the material.

There were 900, then 500, then 200, then only ten had remained.

Only a family had existed.

And that's where everything began.

His mother was taken from her family, selling her at the age of a human teenager. Then, she was put into a cell with his father, a skeleton who was at the same age as her.

Her family soon died, being tricked to eat poisoned food.

Now eight years later, his parents had died from the lack of nutrients, and the Bahgons had one survivor.

Eleven-years-old Baskerville was the last one standing.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

Baskerville woke up with a sharp jolt of pain in his head.

He was confused at first, sitting up and looking around the foreign place before landing his eyes onto the familiar coat and remembering.

'...Oh..'

He remembered it so vividly, chuckling to himself.

He died on his birthday, which was on the same day of Halloween.

'I wonder if I have any memories of this body.' He thought, tilting his head to stare at the ceiling.

And on cue, he regained the memories of the body.

'....Well, at least I won't die in the genocide routes...right?'

Sighing to himself, he looked out the window. Humans and monsters laughing and talking to each other. He wonders if the whole 'stripes = young monster' law existed before the entire war had started.

A loud sound had startled him enough to get out of his thoughts.

"Uh- I-I'm coming! Give me a few seconds!" He stuttered out, stumbling off his bed.

Grabbing his coat, he swiftly wrapped it around himself, covering the fins on his arms and hiding the skeletal tail that he had.

When he opened the door, he stared at him.

"Hey Baskerville!" Spoke Gaster with a smile.

Gaster was standing in front of him.