009

EDITED
-I made Muffet/Maria sound like a bird before lol.
-minor editing

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

The soothing sounds of the water had gently woken him up, his senses slowly coming back to him as he awoke. He was no longer at his mansion on the surface, but instead inside a small cabin that he now called home.

Putting his arm over his eye sockets, he inhaled the cool, moist air, before exhaling and sitting up from the couch.

He scanned through his house and landed his eyes on the group of monsters. Maria, who looked nervous and was fiddling with his knitting tools, James, who was drinking tea with his adopted sister, Alphys, and Andrea, who was washing up the dishes he forgot to clean.

"May I ask why are you all in my house?" He mumbled, rubbing one of his eye sockets, before turning to his sister and yawning. "Also, Alphys, weren't you supposed to be with King Asgore by now?"

Surprisingly, Andrea was the one to talk, her echoey voice making it as if many people were talking at once. "She would be with King Asgore if she didn't discover what she found in the cameras." She huffed, washing yet another cup and putting it on the drying rack.

("'Something's in the underground'" A voice whispers in the back of his mind. "'It's not a monster.'" It hisses.)

The flame monster noticed his confusion, and adjusted her glasses, a habit she would do when she was either nervous or upset about something. "Your predictions were right after all, Basker. A human has fallen from the surface."

("'I PREDICTED IT!'" Laughed another voice in his head, boisterous and loud, but it was far away, too far.)

..Huh.

"I want to hear all about this later, in the meantime, can you fetch me some medicine? My head's been aching ever since I woke up." The skeleton looked sheepish.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

"..So, you're telling me that Muffet was being really paranoid, enough that she sent out her small minions to spy around the ruins, and she actually saw a human?" Basker recalled, taking a sip from his mug and blinking. "And then, the human donated money to Muffet's fundraiser, spared all the monsters in the ruins and managed to survive Queen toriel's test to escape the ruins?"

By then, Muffet was making a small bed full of webs and unfinished cloths that she stole from him, drinking tea to soothe her nervous nerves. Grillby nodded, sitting on the couch beside Basker.

Metatton and Alphys were talking about new designs for himself, along with defense and offense protocols 'in case' of an emergency, such as evacuating people away from Snowdin and the main city to a much safer place.

'That'll have to be explained over and over in each reset.' Muffet thought, using her fourth arm to cover up her amused smile. 'At least this will help in the genocide routes.' She frowned at that thought.

Grillby stopped talking after, glancing up the clock and standing up. "I'll be showing up sooner or later, they'll be meeting the skele-bros first." He mumbled, waving goodbye to his friends and leaving, using his flames to propel himself towards Snowdin.

(Haha, doesn't that sound familiar?)

(Tsunayoshi's awakening intensifies)

At least all three of them won't appear until they reach the Waterfalls or Hotland.

Muffet curled up in her makeshift bed, not bothering to go sleep on the couch or in the guest room, as Mettaton went to one of the guest rooms to shut down and recharge. Alphys left the house after she took another pack of instant noodles.

She didn't even notice that Basker had disappeared to somewhere.

A/N:Haha, cliffhanger >:)