"Read out your numbers." Hayate said simply, motioning for the right side of the line to start.

"Four." Fuu smiled.

"One..." Sena mumbled.

Haru blinked and shrugged, "Six."

Kaoru's lips curled into a grin, "Two."

"Three." Akihiko looked at his teammates and raised an eyebrow.

"Eight." Kenpachi said.

"Five." Sasuke read out his number and looked at Naruto expectantly.

"Seven." Naruto smirked.

Hayate nodded and wrote something on a large piece of paper, then put his pen down and held up the paper for all to see. "This is how the matches will go."

Match 1: Sena of Kumo vs Kaoru of Kiri

Match 2: Akihiko of Kiri vs Fuu of Taki

Match 3: Sasuke of Konoha vs Haru of Kiri

Match 4: Naruto of Konoha vs Kenpachi of Iwa

When they saw this, the Kiri genin (Haru, Akihiko and Kaoru) immediately high fived and glanced over at Naruto who was smiling at Kenpachi in quite a mischievous manner, who in turn was licking his lips. Sasuke was blinking at Haru and then turned to Naruto and snapped him out of... whatever he was doing. Fuu walked over to Naruto and grinned, giving him a light push and telling him that he was really creepy sometimes, and apologised to Kenpachi for her friend's antics.

"Now, you all have one month to train up until the final exam-"

"One month?" Kaoru muttered.

"Yes, a month, is that a- *cough* problem?" Hayate looked a bit annoyed to be honest.

"... No. I just don't want to stay another month here." Kaoru grimaced.

"Kaoru, shut up." Akihiko laughed and hit him on the shoulder while Haru ruffled the clown's hair with a small smile.

"Dude, don't touch my hair." Kaoru swatted Haru's hand away and Haru just chuckled.

"You sound like a girl."

"But I'm not a girl."

"I can't be sure of that anymore."

Kaoru smirked, "Oh trust me, you can."

Everyone uncomfortably stared at them until Akihiko rolled his eyes and put both of his hands in front of them and split them up. "No PDA. No flirting."

Kaoru's face instantly went red, "We weren't flirting!", while Haru smirked and looked back at the other genins and bowed in apology.

Fuu looked at Naruto with a grin, 'They are so together.'

Naruto let out a laugh, 'I don't think they are yet, but maybe soon they will be.'

"Um, anyway." The proctor gathered everyone's attention. "You will have a month, and then you must come back to complete the final exam. Oh, and also..."

All of the genin stared at him again.

He gave a blank look. "Good luck, and try not to die."

~*~*~

Naruto lightly closed his apartment door behind him and sighed, then turned to see Sumi – his fox – curled up in a ball with letters strapped to her stomach.

So as to not disturb her, he picked off the letters and walked to his bedroom to read them.

Dear Naruto,

Utakata and I are near Konoha, along with the sensei of the team that I chose to participate in the exam. I needed two guards as I am a Kage.

We are waiting for your signal.

Yagura

Naruto,

Killer Bee and I are on our way to Konoha with our Raikage who doesn't know any of our plans. As he is the Raikage, we needed two guards to be with him, which were chosen to be Bee and I.

Just tell us when and where you want us to be, and we'll be there.

Yugito

Uzumaki,

Han and I coincidentally met up on our way to Konoha, so we are travelling together. We are camped out a couple of miles from the Konoha gates and I assume the other Jinchuuriki are close as well.

Give the signal and we will be there.

Roshi

Naruto dropped the letters onto the floor and sighed, hands resting under his head as he lay on his bed.

Fuu and Gaara were already in Konoha, Han and Roshi were close, Bee and Yugito were on their way and Yagura and Utakata were also near.

"But when shall I give the signal?" Naruto spoke out loud to himself.

"Whenever you deem it appropriate."

Naruto quickly sat up and chuckled as Gaara and Fuu were in the doorway, smiling and grinning respectively.

"... Want something to eat? I have ramen." Naruto offered. The two other Jinchuuriki nodded and they all walked to the kitchen where Naruto boiled some water in silence and poured it to cook the ramen.

Once the ramen was done, he placed bowls full of piping hot ramen in front of his friends and gave them chopsticks. They sat and waited for it to cool down.

"What do you mean by 'whenever I deem it appropriate?'" Naruto asked.

Fuu was already slurping up the ramen, regardless of how hot it was, so Gaara answered.

"You were the one who organised it all, so whenever you think we should meet, we will." Gaara answered and snapped his chopsticks in half and hesitantly took a noodle into his mouth and then cringed. "Hot. It's hot."

Naruto laughed and then turned back to the matter at hand. "I guess you have a point. I was thinking after the Hanami festival? Will you still be here Gaara?"

Gaara nodded, "I convinced Temari and Kankurou to stay to watch the final exam." He replied simply.

Naruto looked down and tried a noodle. "It's cooled down now. And yeah, okay. I think we all need some stress relief at the festival, and the day after we should meet everyone."

"Mmhmmm!" Fuu nodded in agreement with ramen in her mouth, Gaara and Naruto just chuckled at the sight of her.

Naruto let out a sigh of relief, relief that he had friends to help him with all of this confusion.

Sure, Sasuke and Sakura were his friends, but they didn't know what was going on, maybe he would tell them in the future, but as of now, he thought that it would be too dangerous for them to know any of this information.

Who knew what the Akatsuki may do with the information about the Jinchuuriki's plans? He wouldn't risk it. He wouldn't risk it at all.

"So, sorted?" Fuu put down her empty bowl of ramen and smiled.

Naruto stared at her with a blank face for a couple of seconds, then nodded with a smile. "Yes. We're sorted."

Gaara gave a small smirk, "Then let the plans commence."

____________________________________________

I need some advice, what pairings do you think should be occurring in this story?

Its not even certain that I WILL make any pairings, but it was brought up in a comment sometime ago and I want to know your opinions.

They could be literally any pairings, I don't even mind yaoi pairings to be honest, just comment what you think should be here.

Comment them below!