18

It was early morning and Xie Lian was in the middle of doing exercise in his apartment's gym, when his phone rang. He took it and looked at the caller ID, which told him that 'San Lang' was calling. He smiled and picked it up.

"Hey, San Lang, what's up?" Xie Lian sat on the bench and wiped his sweat with the small towel he brought with him. He might look pretty and all, but he was really good at martial arts, since the people he tangled with at work were not all savory. He was also very strong, although he didn't look like it.

"Hey, Gege, I was hoping I could see you? I got the info that you want." Hua Cheng couldn't wait to see Xie Lian again, so he called first thing in the morning when he knew that the latter would be exercising, so he could at least fantasize about him, all sweaty and sexy, although with a different reason from what he wanted. But that wouldn't be long now, if he played his cards right.

"Sure, let's go for breakfast in an hour?"

"Sounds good, I'll pick you up."

Xie Lian was smiling when he ended the phone call. He liked San Lan and he knew that San Lang liked him too. It was too obvious from his viewpoint that the scary P.I had a crush on him, but he's too shy to do anything about it. He just had to make the first move if it was the case. 

He took a shower and changed his clothes to a white t-shirt, jeans and a jacket, and he brushed his short hair in front of the mirror. He knew he looked good, and he's rich too. It's a shame he didn't have time, nor patience for a relationship until now. He then went out to meet San Lang at the diner near his apartment. But before that, he made sure that he bought the necessary equipment to do what he needed to do later.

When he entered the diner, the handsome P.I was already there with a cup of coffee in front of him, and he brightened up immediately when he spotted him.

"Gege, you look good, don't you have to go to work today?"

"I took a day off today, so that I can focus on this case." Xie Lian sat in front of him and observed the younger man closely. San Lan looked dangerously handsome with his dark shirt and dark jeans, since many of the women in the diner stole a glance at him and giggled. He also gave off the aura of someone important and knew what he wanted, a bad boy through and through, but he became a puppy in front of him.

Xie Lian then ordered a couple of whole wheat toast, three egg whites omelettes, beans, mushroom and sauteed vegetables with milk and orange juice. He needed the extra protein, and he didn't really like greasy and overly salty food like bacon or any preserved meat. He treated himself to a good steak once a month though, and he went with Shen Qingqiu usually. He was friends with him through Luo Binghe, who trained him when he was first introduced to martial arts, and it's been a long time since they had been friends.

"Make it double." Hua Cheng didn't bother to look at the menu.

"So, I think we should probably get back to my place after this, you know, to review the case?" Xie Lian was playing with the napkins while he spoke, and Hua Cheng froze. 

Did he hear that right?

"O–of course, gege, I would like to come to your place… to–to review the case, of course." Thank you, Wei Wuxian.

They finished their breakfast and walked to Xie Lian's apartment in a record time, and as soon as they entered the apartment, Xie Lian pushed Hua Cheng against the door.

"So, San Lang, may I kiss you?"

Hua Cheng–who was immersed in his own thought that this beautiful man in front of him wasn't at all interested in him as more than just a friend–was speechless, and couldn't say a word except nodding his agreement. And as the soft lips of the man who was a main star of his every wet dream touched his, he almost exploded. He carefully touched Xie Lian's face, who looked at him with his bright hazel eyes, and realized that this was not a dream, so he pulled Xie Lian into his embrace.