8

Wei Wuxian entered the high rise building alone, since he refused Luo Binghe's offer to escort him. He was an adult man for chrissake, why would he need an escort to do an interview? He knew that his friends were concerned about his condition, but he would try hard to be strong and not make them worry about him.

He entered the vast lobby and a young man in a dark suit approached him with a tablet in his hand. He looked at Wei Wuxian and offered his hand to him.

"Mr. Wei Wuxian?" He shook hands with Wei Wuxian. "My name is Jingyi. First of all, I need you to sign this." He gave him his tablet and he read the NDA and found nothing unusual, just a standard one, and put his signature on it. It's a common practice for high and mighty people, just like back when he was still doing his work for them.

"Don't worry about things, it's just so that you don't talk about our boss to anyone else." He chuckled. "Let's go to the loft then, for further familiarization of your workplace." He turned around and led them to the private elevator at the back.

Wei Wuxian followed him, while he thought about what he was saying just now. Familiarization of your workplace. Not to sound like he was boasting or something like that, but it sounded like he had already got the job. And it confused him. He thought he was invited here to have an interview with the 'boss', not to familiarize himself with the workplace that he didn't even know he would get or not.

"Mr. Wei, we are here." Jingyi opened the door to the only door at the top most floor with a black card, and he entered it. Wei Wuxian followed him and when he entered the loft, his jaw dropped to the floor.

The loft was decorated very tastefully, with hardwood floor and dark-colored leather furniture. The high ceiling was also made of wood panels, and there was a two-floor full bar with various expensive bottles on the right side, near the patio door. He could see the outdoor fireplace and the view was spectacular. Jingyi walked to the place behind on the left and he saw a beautifully decorated kitchen with sparkling stainless equipment.

"Here's the kitchen, where you can do your prep and cooking. Big boss prefers freshly made ingredients with no spice and minimum seasoning. Don't forget about his strict workout regimes and include that in the menu. Other than that, the boss will tell you himself later. When can you move in?"

Wei Wuxian was flabbergasted with how fast Jingyi spoke. Did he hear him saying when he could move in? Or was that just his wishful thinking? He had to make sure he didn't hear wrong.

"M-move in?" He asked him carefully, while the latter looked at him like he was some kind of a freak.

"Yes, you have to move in to be able to cater the menu three times a day, six days a week for the boss, since he prefers freshly made food. The accommodation and the details of your job are already being explained on page three to five in the NDA you just signed. Did you not read them before you signed?"

Well, he only read the first page, where his signature was needed.

"Page… three to five?" He asked Jingyi carefully. He didn't want to let him know that he did not read the contract at all, he just thought that he signed the NDA.

"Maybe you want to… re-read them?" Jingyi smiled and gave him the tablet. Wei Wuxian took it gratefully and re-read page two to five, which described his employment details; his living arrangement, the schedule for the meal, and most importantly, his salary. 

His eyes bulged out when he read the salary that he was given for his one year contract, with a condition that he had to live in the loft. He had the freedom to go in and out as he pleased, and the use of company cars. He also had one free day in a week, and his daily job would end at seven p.m. in which he became free to do whatever he liked afterwards.

This was such a dream job.

But if he had to live with an unknown person … he had a lot to think about, when Jingyi–apparently could read his mind, told him that the boss was rarely home.

"He was a very busy man and only came back after he was finished with his job. You'd probably have this place all to yourself. But he still requires you to live here."

After he thought about it for a while, he shook his head in disbelief. He didn't have the luxury to turn down this job, especially with that kind of salary and all he had to do was cooking and living with a stranger for one year. After one year he would be free and had enough capital to build himself a new life. And he shouldn't have bothered Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe any longer than he had to. They were nice enough to let him stay indefinitely, but it would take a toll on their friendship sooner or later.

Just pretend that he was your new roommate.

"I will be able to move in tomorrow." Wei Wuxian gave the tablet back to Jingyi, who took it back with a smile on his face.

"Great! Unfortunately, the boss is not going to come back until tomorrow night, so you have the place to yourself. You should come early and familiarize yourself with this place." he gave him the black card. "This is the access card for this place, you won't be able to enter if you lose it. There will be a car available tomorrow for you to use, I will leave the key in your room. Oh, I almost forgot, your room will be on the second floor, the second door on the left.'' He typed something on his tablet, and took out a phone from his bag. "This is the encrypted phone that the boss requires every one of his key employees to use. My number is already programmed in there, and if you need anything you can call me." He gave Wei Wuxian a sleek black phone with no visible brand. 

"Uhm, thank you, Jingyi." Wei Wuxian was still overwhelmed by how fast everything happened.

"Thank you, Mr. Wei. Please take good care of our boss." He shook his hand enthusiastically, and it made Wei Wuxian chuckle.

"Well, I guess that's it, I'm going back home and packing. I'll be here tomorrow morning. Should I bring the ingredients with me?" He just remembered to ask for the delivery system. If the boss wanted the freshest meal, he had to have the freshest ingredients, and the only place to get that was to go to the early morning traditional wet market.

"You could do that, or you can send me a list of the things you will need."

"I'll let you know later."

After saying their goodbye, Wei Wuxian left the building, and Jingyi took out his phone and dialed a number. When someone picked it up, he whispered into the phone with a secretive tone.

"The cat is inside the bag. I repeat. The cat is inside the bag. Over and out."