14

How did he accidentally enter Lan Wangji's bedroom?

Wei Wuxian thought long and hard about it, and he was pretty sure that Lan Wangji told him that his room was located on the second floor, first door on the left. Jingyi was telling him the same thing. Did his brain just betray him? It's not like he had a screenshot of their conversation as proof or anything, but he's very embarrassed with how things turned out.

After Lan Wangji said that he wanted to fuck him senseless later, he showed him his room, which was actually the second door on the left, not the first. Basically his room was just next to Lan Wangji, and he had thoughts.

And then his phone rang, disturbing his R-rated thoughts. He took it out of his pocket and saw that it was Xie Lian. He gave his old number to him, to let him handle the loan shark and now he used the encrypted company's phone.

"Yes?"

"Xianxian, glad I caught you. I noticed that you also put a downpayment on a house, right?" Xie Lian didn't waste time with greetings and got straight to the point.

Wei Wuxian remembered the house. It was a monstrosity in the high-end gated community, which boasted themselves for the safety of their residents and the great school for the future leader of the country. That would mean more money and more stuck-up people than he could ever handle on his own. But it was what Mianmian wanted, so.

"Yes. I assume that it did not exist either?" He already accepted his fate, that he was a homeless, penniless man. Well at least he had a job, although he didn't know for how long since he still couldn't wrap his head around what his boss had been doing to him.

"The house actually has been paid in full, by using the rest of your stolen money."

"Oh? And?" Wei Wuxian knew that Xie Lian would not be calling him if it was irrelevant to his case.

"And your ex fiance is living there with her new man."

That was new, and he didn't know what to feel about which was worse. His ex conned him out of his lifetime savings, or that she used them to buy her dream house and shaked up with another man right away. 

"So, you're saying that she's paying for the house with my money and living there with her new boyfriend? What else? She's going to marry him?"

"Well, about that…" Wei Wuxian could hear the hesitation in Xie Lian's voice and bear himself for the worst.

"Just spit it out, Xie Lian, let's rip the bandage all at once, that way I can move on faster."

"Okay, but brace yourself. Your ex married her new boyfriend this morning. That's how I found out about all this and the house. The city hall clerk called me and sent me the copy of their marriage certificate and I noticed that their address was the same as the one you provided for the house last night."

"At this point, I'm not even surprised anymore." Wei Wuxian sighed. He started to accept his fate, and strangely, he didn't feel that brokenhearted. Only used. But that's good, now he could start to take the necessary legal step to incarcerate his ex and her accomplice. "Listen, Xie Lian, I want you to gather all the solid evidence for fraud, theft of intellectual property, calculate the mental and physical damage and multiply it by ten folds, and bring them to justice. I have new work now, and I will be able to reimburse you for everything, as long as you put her behind the bar." Wei Wuxian had made up his mind.

"Whatever it takes?"

"Whatever it takes. Employ that P.I if you must, and only if he's good enough. I want to make her and her husband suffer and to show them that I am no pushover."

"... I am no pushover." 

Hua Cheng replayed the phone conversation he recorded from Wei Wuxian's phone in front of Lan Wangji. All of the employees' encrypted phones had a listening and recording device, and the condition was included in all of the contract, since they dealt with government and private military secrets.

They were in the office, where after Lan Wangji showed Wei Wuxian the special kitchen that was especially reconstructed for him, and when he could see the joy in his eyes, he felt strangely satisfied. He introduced Wei Wuxian to the head chef at their joint office, Jiang Yanli, and he left them chatting about food, since Jiang Yanli seemed to be familiar with his work.

"So he decided to take a move?" Hua Cheng asked Lan Wangji, who looked deep in thought and ignored him. "Hello, earth to Wangji?" He waved his hand in front of Lan Wangji  who slapped it away.

"Fuck off." He felt strangely unsatisfied even though he just tasted the forbidden fruit. Or maybe that's the reason why.

"Well well well, Mr. Congeniality, what makes you so full of sunshine today?" Hua Cheng raised his brow in question. 

"Hmm…" he didn't answer the sarcastic question, instead, he replayed the recording again.

Hua Cheng examined his best friend's sour expression, and wondered what made him like this. He was supposed to be ecstatic since the man he had been looking for was now under the same roof with him, and he even bound the man with a one year contract with no way out. He could even act like he was his knight in shining armor if he wanted to. But here he was, sulking and pouting like a petulant kid. Hua Cheng wondered if he woke up from the wrong side of the bed this morning.

"What are you doing?" Hua Cheng asked him, but Lan Wangji ignored him.

"You should give the proof to your Dianxia, and take care of the girl and the loan shark. One week in your dungeon should suffice." Lan Wangji rapped his knuckles on the table while thinking about how good Wei Wuxian smelled.

"Ooh, you have it that bad, huh?" Hua Cheng started to see his best friend in a new light. 

Dungeon was their code for the underground facility where Hua Cheng put the most dangerous prisoner of war for interrogation. And the method they employed was not exactly approved by NATO, but no one batted an eye when their success rate was more than ninety percent.

"I think it's time for Su Minshan to retire permanently."

"You know, sometimes you sound more like the head of the mafia, rather than a CEO of an entertainment industry." Hua Cheng shook his head in amusement.

"I don't think there are many differences between entertainers and the mafia. They both are ruthless, willing to backstab their ally to climb higher on the corporate ladder, and sacrificing everything including their mom to be able to gain recognition." Lan Wangji scoffed. "As long as we know how to handle one, we should be able to handle the other. And I am an expert in handling those cockroaches."