C. 11 THE KING OF CURSES (3)

They released a Grade A Curse around their house and it attacked Fuyuki. Just when the curse was about to end her life, her husband came to rescue her. Fuyuki was alive but their child didn't make it. Physician said that her womb was damaged and couldn't bear a child for the rest of her life.

"I'm sorry, Ryo. I couldn't give you a child. Please forgive me,"

"No, no, no, it's not your fault. I'm sorry for arriving late. Don't worry, I won't leave you."

Fuyuki was devastated for months and Ryoumen was furiously angry. He knows that their area won't be invaded by curses unless someone broke the talisman he put around their house. After investigating alone, he found the culprits and mercilessly tortured and killed them. With the help of his father, he was immediately dismissed.

Now that he killed something other than cursed spirits, what kind of face he's gonna show to his wife? He was sad for both his unborn child and his wife. Both were innocent and they got hurt because of him.

[What do I do? I feel really awful,]

"Ryo, welcome home."

He was startled when he saw Fuyuki standing on the front door, greeting him like usual. She had this stressed and tired face but she still smiled for him.

"Yuki, are you alright?"

"That's not how you answer,"

"W-what?"

"I said that's not how you answer! I greeted you at home after how long and how did you answer?"

She said with her usual energetic tone and punched him in the stomach. Ryoumen was dumbfounded a bit but he still understood what she's doing. He can't help but smile and hug her tight.

"Yes, I'm home, Yuki."

Both of them eventually forgot what happened and lived like they were before. They'd go on dates and vacations like before. Ryoumen would catch his wife writing a letter for their child and would slip in a few words too.

They were so happy that even one of the higher ups in Jujutsu Sorcerer got jealous of this one family. Also with the current situation of the Sorcery World, things aren't really going smooth.

"You came home with lots of bandages again,"

"I'm sorry. I'll promise not to get injured again,"

"Can you just quit that job? I'm fine being a farmer,"

"I can't let you stay in this kind of lifestyle for the rest of your life,"

"But I'll be alone then. If you die continuing that job, I'll still be alone in the end."

"Haha! Don't worry. This week will be the last,"

[After this, I'm going to quit being a sorcerer. I'm going to live with and for you alone.]

The conflict in the Sorcery World has brought a war. Curses influencing humans to conduct a war and kill people was all over the world. In this age, is the Cursed Spirits' Era. Even the Gojo and Zenin, the strongest top two, had trouble exorcizing them.

"They're running through the nearest mountain! Hurry and catch them!"

[Mountain?]

Ryoumen immediately turns his head towards the nearest mountain. It's good for hiding and hunting curses but there's only one house there.

"Yuki!"

He unconsciously shouted and left the others. He was fast. He even passed the group of sorcerers who climbed the mountain first. When he arrived, he found his wife being held by one familiar man. One of the higher ups.

"Hideaki! Let my wife go!"

"You can't quit as a sorcerer, Sukuna-kun."

"I said let her go!"

"We need a curse to exorcize another. To do that, a sacrifice must be needed."

Ryoumen didn't understand him, but Hideaki stabbed his hand through Fuyuki's stomach. She can feel the pain and the blood that flows from her stomach but her heart hurts when she sees how devastated his face was.

Hideaki then escapes through the mountain, leaving a newly shattered young man. Despite being surrounded by a huge amount of curses and sorcerers. Explosions and killings in the background. His attention is on this one person.

"Yuki, don't leave me too."

"Ryo, no matter what happened. Please, don't forget about me."

"How could I forget about you? You gave me everything I could hope for,"

"In our next life, I wish we can just be happy."

"Be my wife again, alright? I'll wait for you,"

"Ryo, I love you."

After her last words she also let her last breath out. Ryoumen spent a few hours mourning over her. Also, something unexpected happened to him.

He was filled with hatred and loneliness that a curse engulfed him. Eventually, his mind took over the curse's body. The moment he changed, 'revenge' was in his mindset. After burying his wife's body, he came down from the mountain with the image of a human body.

He immediately spotted Hideaki making an entrance towards their headquarters. He killed him right there in front of many other sorcerers. As the other was startled and hostile, they attacked him as an act of revenge for killing their leader. However, Ryoumen killed them easily.

Not just sorcerers but also curses who's attracted to his curse energy. He ate curses to absorb their negative energy while killing sorcerers. It felt satisfying for him that he keeps on smiling and laughing. Crimes after crimes were committed and Jujutsu Sorcerers were having a hard time. The Sukuna household was stripped down from their title for having an ungrateful house member and a traitor.

Sukuna Ryoumen's crimes were stopped when he was ambushed by the three great families of the jujutsu sorcery in Japan. He was defeated and his body was separated into twenty fingers. Each was kept and hidden in different places, so his reign wouldn't happen again.

Until the kid named Itadori Yuuji ate his finger and became his own vessel. He again thought of reigning the new era. Incidents and accidents happened after every event.

One finger away before Itadori Yuuji's death. The kid went for a stroll to collect his peace of mind. While he did so, Sukuna also wandered his mind elsewhere.

[With everything so peaceful. It feels like I'm forgetting something,]

He thought and noticed that Itadori went inside a coffee shop to eat and to cool down from the heat.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?"

That was where Sukuna remembered everything. The one thing he almost forgot.

"Yuki,"

He muttered not noticing his tear fell from his eye.