C. 10 THE KING OF CURSES (2)

After that little scuffle, I managed to exorcise the curse. However, my wound is so severe that I fainted. Now, I wonder where I am.

"You're awake, Sir."

As soon as I opened my eyes, she was there looking down at me with worry and glee. I don't know why but I felt really giddy.

"Where?"

"You're at my house. I'm sorry I couldn't take you to a clinic. I'm still recovering from my cold,"

"It's alright,"

I then told her about the curse inside her house. Turns out, the curse was living here for ages. It got stronger after her Father's death. She must've been the last negative energy source and meal for the curse. If the curse succeeds, it can roam around the town right now.

[Gladly, I followed her.]

"Good Sir, how may I serve you in exchange of saving my life?"

He flinched after hearing her question. He thought of asking her hand in marriage but he also thought that it might be too soon. So for now, he'll take baby steps.

"Name,"

He said and he sat on his butt. His injury was banded neatly.

"Yes?"

"Tell me your name,"

"I-it's... Sonozaki Fuyuki is my name,"

"Sonozaki? The fallen noble?"

"That was the generation of my great-grandfather. I'm just a commoner, Sir."

"Right, my name is Sukuna Ryoumen. Nice to meet you, Lady Sonozaki."

For a moment, Fuyuki turned pale. She stared at him for a while. Who wouldn't know such a high ranking noble family? She is now involved with these kinds of people. She bowed low until her forehead touched the floor.

"I am extremely grateful for receiving help from Young Master. Please, tell me anything you want as a compensation."

He felt hurt somehow. So he immediately dismissed the matter and said that it was an act of duty.

"Duty? What is a Young Master's job?"

"I'm an exorcist,"

Both of them didn't know but they spent the entire day talking about exorcism, curses, and politics. It was interesting to Fuyuki, for it's her first time hearing about them.

"But Young Master are you sure you don't want anything? I'll do my best to accomodate you,"

"Then, can I visit you here when I have time?"

"W-why does the young master want to visit me?"

"For personal reasons. Think of it as a friend just visiting you,"

She blinked for a moment. This young master is quite different from other nobles.

"Does the Young Master doesn't have any friends?"

"You can just say no. You don't have to rub it in front of me,"

Fuyuki doesn't know what's gotten into her but she laughed all of a sudden.

[Ah! It's really pretty,]

He thought while staring at her. They were quite close so he could see her expression clearly.

"Ahem, I'm sorry. It's quite impulsive of me to laugh at Young Master,"

"No, just act familiar with me. I'd like that too,"

Days, weeks, months go by, the two eventually get closer than before in these past times. They were very familiar with each other. Sometimes, Ryoumen would help her on her farm with his trusted servant. He would invite her to every festival held by the town or other noble families. Then, one summer festival he finally confessed to her. What's funny was he asked for her hand in marriage first before being his girlfriend.

"S-should we act in the first stage of being in a relationship before marriage?"

"Aren't we acting like that already? Besides, I'm anxious with that Asakura guy around."

"You mean you felt threatened?"

"Not until you say yes,"

She laughed at him. A genuine smile under a sky filled with fireworks. It's a sight for the young man.

"Yes, I will!"

~ • ~

"Get out of this house,"

An old man said calmly. Right after he said he's marrying Fuyuki, a fallen noble and a poor commoner, this is his father's answer. He doesn't want to bother someone who's opposing him. However, the old man needs this young man's strength.

"You're marrying a commoner, go live with her. However, you need to follow every order I appointed you."

Ryoumen didn't love anyone in the family. For he is a mistress' son and he needs to know where he stands. Now that he's out of the house, they have one less successor to worry about.

"Thank you and good day, Headmaster."

Not once did he call him father. What he didn't know was that his father is completely worried about his son but at the same time he's glad. He's glad he won't be like him who's only duty is to keep the family's honor.

It was like he was on cloud nine. He must've been blessed by the God of Fortune. Even though he keeps on fighting curses, the moment he goes home, a loving wife greets him. It's making him crazy that he thought of dying from a heart attack. Just to add to his luck, his wife told him that she was pregnant.

"Y-you're...pregnant?"

"Ryo, why? Why are you crying?"

"I'm gonna be a father. *sniff Yuki, what do I do? I'm shoo hapwy,"

"Hahah, stop. You're starting to talk gibberish,"

Ryoumen was very glad that he even told his father about it. Now, there are people waiting for the child's birth and also its death. When news of his wife being pregnant, the people who hated him used this opportunity to bring him down. Being one of the strongest sorcerers, jealousy and hatred of the others are sure there.