06 : The Compensation

Comenzar desde el principio

She lowly coughed and started to serve herself. When she noticed Jungkook eyeing her every single movement, and then glancing at his empty plate, she called out for him. "Uh, Jungkook! I'm not good at serving others. Help yourself." Jungkook and Hoseok dumbfoundedly stared at her.

After a moment of silence and a little munching voices of Lisa carelessly eating food passed, Jungkook sighed and served himself. He just want to eat right now!

When Lisa and Jungkook were eating peacefully, her eyes went on Hoseok who was attending a call. She keot her spoon back in her plate and called out for him, grabbing Jungkook's attention along. "Yes Mrs. Jeon, you need anything?" Hoseok asked politely.

"Hoseok-ssi, please come and join us. I won't feel good if you will keep working like this when we are eating." Jungkook looked at Lisa for a whole minute before turning to look at Hoseok.

Hoseok had initially planned to accept the offer but when he felt the burning gaze coming from his boss, he gulped and decided to politely decline. "That's so kind of you Mrs. Jeon, but please enjoy your meal. I'm fine." The corners of Jungkook's lips curved up as he continued to eat.

"No please. I insist." Lisa urged again making Jungkook want to roll his eyes.

In the past, Jungkook has never had any problems in eating with Hoseok. But today he was really irritated. And even he didn't know why.

After quickly taking a glance at the lost Jungkook, Hoseok finally agreed and took the chair beside Jungkook, which was oposite to Lisa. "I'll serve you Hoseok-ssi." Lisa happily chirped and served him. Hoseok too politely smiled at her.

Didn't she said she's not good at serving others?

Jungkook poked his inner cheek with his tongue looking at her serving Hoseok. "Also, please quit calling me Mrs. Jeon, it makes me feel like I'm an old lady. Lisa would be fine." Hoseok hesitated and glanced at Jungkook who was still sitting like a statue. Finding no other options, he smiled and nodded at Lisa before continuing to eat his food.

The dinner went on with Lisa and Hoseok continuously chatting and Jungkook silently having his food. He felt like they have long ago forgotten that he was also with them.

Post dinner, when Jungkook was still working on his laptop in his room, Lisa called out his name. "Jungkook." He looked up at her and hummed after looking back at the screen. "Since I'm making food for you everyday, that too free, I want you to compensate!"

Is there any wife in the world who wants her husband to compensate for the food she makes for him?

"What kind of compensation?" Ignoring the oddness of her remark, Jungkook patiently asked. Lisa jumped beside him on the couch and smiled widely like a kid before beginning to talk. "I want you to drop and pick me up from my workplace everyday!" Jungkook silently stared at her for a minute before nodding his head.

"Okay. My driver will drop you and pick you up-"

"Didn't you heard me? I said I want YOU to drop me and then pick me up everyday!" Lisa almost yelled.
"Why do you want me to drop you and pick you? Do I look like a driver to you?"

"Then do I look like a cook to you? And I'm not feeding your driver! I'm feeding you! So you have to do this for me!" Seeing her like this, Jungkook massaged his forehead and then nodded his head in agreement.

She smiled widely at him before jumping on the bed. Jungkook shook his head seeing her jumping here and there.

Next morning, both were having there breakfast silently when Jungkook broke the ice. "Get ready and come outside in 5. We have to leave." Lisa stared at him and said, "It's 7.30 only and I will go by 9. So, why are you rushing?" Her voice came out muffled because of the large bite of Omelet she took.

"I go to office everyday at 8 and I cannot change my timings so go up and get ready." Jungkook declared. Lisa silently stared at him with a pout and after thinking for awhile, her lips curved up in a wide smile as she nodded her head and went upstairs.

Jungkook thought for awhile about her weird behaviour before shaking his head and continuing to eat. When he was finished with his breakfast, he walked outside and waited in his car, continuously honking but she didn't came out.

When it was 8.50, Lisa came out, her bag dangling in her hands as she was almost dancing on her way to his car. "You're almost an hour late!" He yelled as soon as she stepped inside his car. "No, I'm not late. It's the time I everyday go to my work." She shrugged carelessly.

"By the way, what's the use of being the boss when you can't even go to your office without following your schedule?" Lisa said smilingly, seems like her mood was really nice after making him wait for her.

And the fact that he really kept his words and waited for her for almost an hour was enough to make her happy.

Jungkook stared at her unbelievably before looking away and starting the car.

••
It took me 4 days to write this. Now can you understand how much messed up I'm right now? 🤕🤧