outdoor pool

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

we went swimming
in an outdoor pool

and you wouldn't tell
a soul at school

Grabbing a pack of flour off the shelves, Taylor tossed it into the cart, which was being pushed by her mother.

"I'll make a cake for my host family," she explained. "We have eggs at our rental, don't we?"

"I think so, honey," Andrea smiled at her daughter.

Taylor gaped at another girl who had brunette hair with bleached tips. Her boyfriend, presumably, had a rugby sweatshirt on, and he was pushing the cart she was sitting in.

"I love how they call it trollies," Taylor giggled. "I'll bleach my full head and cut it short one day."

Her mother shook her head disapprovingly, but Taylor didn't even notice, as she was now staring at another boy with his mother.

"You seemed to be obsessed with him already," Andrea nodded. "I can tell."

Taylor ogled at him as he ran his hands through his hair, on his phone as his mother picked out a variety of spices.

"Bye Mom," Taylor pushed open the car door.

"I'll see you one more time after school, when we have dinner with your host family and settle down at their place. Have fun, honey."

Taylor shivered, goosebumps forming on her arm, gritting her teeth a little nervously.

For freshman year, Taylor had decided she wanted a change from her middle school past, as it was a few rocky years there, with the constant bullying and whatnot. She wanted a fresh start, a new beginning, and what better way to do that than going to a whole other country where nobody knew her?

She took a deep breath as she walked through the doors, trying not to bite her fingers, a habit that she was trying to pick.

She had only been to the actual school twice, but thankfully she had a good sense of direction, and soon found herself in Chemistry class.

"Oh fuck, it's you," she gasped out as her eyes met with the blond haired boy.

"What do you mean it's me?" the boy replied.

"You're- you're that guy from the supermarket yesterday, and you were with your mom, and I saw you..." Taylor trailed off, realizing that she was rambling.

"American." Joe muttered mockingly. "I'm Joe."

"I'm Taylor," she smiled. Just as she was about to say more, the teacher walked in, and she turned back to her book, her glasses slipping off her nose. Throughout the class, she couldn't concentrate much, blushing furiously at the fact that they were two apart.