chasing shadows in a grocery line (bonus)

"just being in your armstakes me back to that little farm"

takes me back to that little farm"

"where every wish comes true"

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

Christmas Eve, 2020

"She's so sleepy," Taylor chuckled, rubbing her daughter's soft curls.

"It's her regular nap time," Joe shrugged, adding a can of tomatoes to the shopping cart.

Taylor placed a kiss onto Colette's head, while she leaned further into Taylor's shoulder.

"Mmm," Colette mumbled, shutting her eyes again.

"We should get home," Taylor said softly, pulling a couple more things off the shelves into their cart.

"Okay," Joe said, taking the handle of the cart. "I'll go check out."

Taylor slowly followed Joe to the checkout line, bopping Colette gently to send her to sleep.

"Oh, look at that," she gasped, pointing the small Santa hats out to Joe.

He squinted at the small box placed near the checkout line to get the shoppers' attention.

"Babe, those are clearly for pets and you're falling for a supermarket scheme," he chuckled.

"I don't care," Taylor said, shoving four into the cart.

"Oh God, I'm paying for those, aren't I?"

"Now we can have a photoshoot with Colette and the cats," she smiled happily.

"Meredith jumped off the damn balcony last time you tried to put them into costumes," Joe argued.

"That's why you're putting it on her this time," Taylor said.

"You're crazy, I love you," Joe said.

"Shut up, I gave you a baby."

"I said I love you!" Joe scoffed in disbelief.

Back at home, Taylor unpacked the groceries while Joe put Colette to bed. Dumping them all over the dining table, a stack of papers caught her eye.

She narrowed her eyes and picked them up. She sighed, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"JOSEPH!" she yelled towards Colette's bedroom.

Joe came bolting down the stairs, nearly tripping on the step. He took one look at what was in Taylor's hands and immediately a look of horror flashed across his face.

"I'm so sorry, my love," he said, immediately begging for forgiveness.

"You're an idiot," she grumbled.