I'm starting to get frustrated just as I see her standing with her older sister, Rose, the two of them in what looks like an intense conversation. They're standing close, their heads bent toward each other, Connie listening while Rose does all the talking, gesturing wide with her arms. Connie just nods at what seems to be the appropriate time, looking disheartened. The expression she has on her face makes my heart wrench a bit. Even in her sadness, she's gorgeous. I know everyone says Stevonnie is the prettiest Mahaswaren sister. The sexiest. The most captivating one.

But I disagree. I only have eyes for Connie. She interests me, and anyone who says she is bland or not as intriguing is only looking at the top layer. I'm trying to cut her open and expose every layer for myself.

Suddenly she looks up, as if she can feel me staring at her. Her gaze locks with mine, those dark, dark eyes looking right through me. Rose is still talking and Connie reaches out, resting her hand on her sister's forearm. She never takes her eyes off me as she speaks, then Rose turns, looking at me as well.

I don't move. I don't look away, even when I start to feel uncomfortable at being under the scrutiny of two Mahaswaren sisters. I may be stronger than everyone in this room, but one look from Connie has me carefully taking my next step.

And then she's walking toward me. The sister I want. The sister I can't seem to get enough of. She stops just in front of me and tilts her head back, steely determination in every move she makes. Her jaw is set and I want to run my finger along the soft curve of it.

"I took out my anger at Kevin on you and I shouldn't have. I'm sorry."

I have to remind myself I am the one in control here, not her. I want to touch her so badly my fingers twitch but instead I shove them in my pockets, trying to seem less interested than I am. "You're forgiven."

A smile plays at the corners of her lightly glossed lips and without thinking, I grin back at her. She's so pretty.

"I-I didn't mean it when I said I wanted you to stop." Her voice falters at first, but by the end of the sentence she sounds sure as all hell.

I clench my hands into fists, still keeping them in my pockets. "What did you mean, then?"

"This entire ... situation confuses me. You confuse me." She admits.

That makes two of us.

"It scares me, too," she admits softly.

Ah hell. She says shit like that and all I want to do is pull her close and tell her everythings going to be fine. Even though I'd be lying.

"Come with me," I say.

"I can't just leave, Steven..." She almost glances behind her but I reach out and touch the side of her neck.

"Yeah, you can."

She frowns. "Then what? Where would we be going?"

I shake my head, irritated with her, my reaction to her, all of it. This was supposed to be easy, taking advantage of Connie. Instead, it's turning into something far more complex than I thought. "Don't ask questions."

"Don't boss me around." She crosses her arms in front of her chest, plumping her breasts. They look ready to pop out of that low-cut dress she's wearing and I step closer, shielding her from anyone else's view.

"I thought you liked it when I bossed you around," I murmur, drawing my finger along her exposed collarbone.

She swats my hand away. "Don't say things like that. Not here."

"Right. That's why you need to come with me." I touch her again, tracing the bodice of her dress, my finger dipping low, lower, almost touching her breasts. She goes completely still and I lift my gaze to hers. "Here, I won't take up too much of your time." I don't bother hiding my snide tone. I'm frustrated and I don't care who knows it, least of all Connie. I feel like stomping my foot like an angry toddler.