"Wow," Valeria finally mutters into the mic. "Harley - that was great!"

I take a moment to catch my breath and when I do, I smile. "Thank you," I say. Since the auditorium is quiet, I think my low voice managed to reach the ears of the people sitting in the first few rows.

"Harley," Valeria asks, "How long have you been dancing?"

I raise my eyebrows. "I don't remember you saying that it's an interview."

"I'm sorry, it's just a curious question." Her tone is apologetic but she doesn't take her question back.

"Eight, or nine years. Give or take a few months, I guess."

"And... your applications here-" she reaches for a file and waits for a few moments, turning the pages and eventually stopping. She reaches forward for the mic again, her eyes never leaving the document. "Your applications say that you have zero stage experience. Is that a lie?"

"Why would I lie on my application? I've honestly never performed in public or taken part in a competition."

"Okay. Cool. Great. All of you, on the stage now. I'll have a word with you all and then you can leave."

Slowly, all the other dance students make their way up to the stage. People are still standing around the hall and my eyes instinctively go to Asher. He's looking at me with an amused expression and his arms folded, a small teasing smile lingering on his lips. Our eyes lock for a while, an unspoken conversation without either of us saying anything at all.

"Alright, attention," Valeria speaks into her mic and I break eye contact, my eyes flicking to her. She sighs. Shakes her head. Then smiles. Her eyes wander around the stage, resting at each of us as if she's still evaluating something. "You all sure have potential. Some of you did a great job right now. I get why most of you forgot half your choreographies but those who didn't," she pauses, looking at me, "You're all amazing. Honestly? Most of the second and the third years didn't either, but don't worry about it. It's normal. What I'm saying is that for the next three weeks, we'll be having four choreographies."

Most of us exchange looks.

"First will be a dance in two groups, ten students each. I'll appoint a choreographer and we'll have no arguments there. You all will be working on it for at least an hour and a half a day and at the end of week one, which means, the next friday, we'll have a session like this and you'll be graded."

Zed raises his hand. Valeria nods, asking him to go ahead and speak. "Are we going to have the chit system here as well?"

"Right. About that. Yes, most of the year, we go by the chit system but there are a little alterations all the time. I'll explain about it tomorrow. Right now, try not to interrupt me." She takes in a deep breath and breathes out. "Anyways, the second act will be the week after that. It will be in groups of four students. And the final one will be duos. While choreographing all this, you'll all be doing group choreography for a competition next month. It will be your first competition as part of the official Redville first year team. I hope all of you give it your best for this. I know it's going to be very hectic but you have to do it while managing your studies. Time management is up to you."

I have a bad feeling about everything. Not for me, but for everyone else. But I know what this school is trying to do - schools like these push you to the breaking point and put you back up on your feet again because it's a part of learning. Methods like these are criticised a lot but I appreciate it. If you haven't reached your breaking point even once, you're bound to never reach your true potential.

An average person can only utilise up to eighty percent of their potential when they're performing. But there's an amount of focus you can muster to reach it. It's in the moment. It's about being present then and there without thinking about the outcome. You're immersed and you don't realise what's happening because the only thing that's important in that moment is you and your goal.