Coping Trauma

[JENNIE]

-6 months later-

It's a hella 6 months with Lili in her house and I've felt progress in coping up with my trauma because of her help.

My parents aren't still home yet and they let my nanny go on a vacation since I am away from the house for long.

I slowly managed to get back on track when my mental health was beating me up for the past months. Without Lili on my side, I would probably be gone in this world. I realized that being strong for too long isn't enough, sometimes, we need someone to lean on.

I found mine. I knew from the start that we connect and our friendship will be one of a kind. A different one that I have with Nayeon.

I didn't ditch Nayeon but I'm glad she's not a possessive one. She's having a good time with her newly found friend on campus named Jeongyeon. Well, I doubt that they're friends, I heard from her that Jeongyeon is also part of the rainbow community.

Anyway, they sometimes fight like a cat and a dog, but they have each other's back in the end.

Just like Rosie and Lili.

Part of me...

Part of me doesn't want Lili to be my only friend. Being with her every day in her house confuses me. Her sweetness towards me just gives me butterflies in my stomach but I doubt she feels the same. There could be a chance of us with what happened at the hospital, but I simply denied it, and Lili brushed the feeling she had. It's partly my fault.

She had no idea that I'm falling for her every day but I know she won't feel the same. She will only think of it that it's because of my trauma. Yah! Lisa-yah! I'm falling for you but I won't tell you, I don't want to break this beautiful friendship that we have.

I also don't want my family to be disappointed if they find out that I'm in love with a girl. Especially, I am an only child.

I haven't heard of the so-called "C". We haven't heard of the suspicious man as well. I hope they will be gone for good.

My phone buzzed and checked who the sender of the message is.

It's the person that I hated the most. One and only, Mr. Jeon.

Fr: Mr. Jeon

Have you found her already?

I took a deep breath and think about on what to reply to him.

To: Mr. Jeon

Give me more time.

Before I press send, Lili immediately grabbed my phone.

"It's him again, right?" Lili placed my phone on the table.

"How many times have I told you to avoid him? Don't entertain him yet unless you're ready. You're almost getting better, Nini." she said in a frustrated tone. Lili, you don't understand. I wish I can tell everything to you. I can't put my family at risk.

I looked down and said sorry to her. She lift my chin and kissed my forehead. I pressed my body onto her and wrapped my arms around her neck. She smells so good. She smells sweet. "Please be patient with me. I know you're tired." I whispered.

"I'll never get tired of taking care of you, Nini. I'll be here as long as you need me," she said to me with her gentle voice and tightened her hug around my waist. It feels like home.

I unwrapped my arms from her neck and looked at her while her arms are still around my waist. She looked at me with a slight smile on her face. I can see the yearning in her doe-eyes that gave me mixed feelings. Her eyes are telling me something that she can't put into words.