New Friend

I was on the phone with my parents. They check on me casually to make sure if I'm doing fine.

I'm already here in Korea for a month, missing home despite how overprotective my parents are.

Life here is good so far because I don't have any bodyguard tailing me wherever I go. I don't have a nanny taking care of me but I do have a good friend here who helped me how to survive in living alone.

Rosé and I became best friends. She is my first friend upon my arrival here in Korea. I am so thankful to have her. For a month, I learned how to cook my own meal, I learned how to clean my own house, and other things which normal civilians are doing. I love it this way, I feel like I belong to the crowd. I feel free and I feel like a grown-up and can't wait to finish college so I can go to France right after, and discover more about the place to put up a business.

I am taking up an International Business course, good thing I have the same as Rosé, and hoping that we could be in the same block so I could stick around her.

Rosé has a good family background. They have several businesses in Australia and New Zealand, and she plans to make her own here in Korea and expand it soon to different countries. That's the reason why she took a course related to Business because sooner she will be one of the caretakers of what her family has built for generations. Good for her, she has a sister, and her sister's profession is a lawyer.

While me, I want to be a photographer. Silly, right? But I realized sooner or later when my parents are gone, I will be the one to take over the business and by thinking about it, just gave me lots of pressure.

Can I handle or manage it? Can I sustain it?
What if I will fail? I'm scared to be a disappointment.

This is the reason why I hate to be the only child. Why didn't they make another one? Now, I will be forced to get something that is not my forte and just learn to love it in the end.

Business is good though. Everything around the world involves business. Money makes the world go round these days. I agree to that but I am just scared to fail what my parents has built. They aren't forcing me though to get this course, it's my initiative as a good daughter to continue what they started. I just feel obliged to do it.

That's why as early as now, I will learn it on my own. I'll make my parents proud that is my gift to them for giving me my freedom. That is my way of thanking them for raising me right.

The class will commence next week. Finally. Let's bring it on!
---------
{one mail received}

The MI transferred you 1,000,000 Baht each to your following accounts:

Sia Comm Bank, Bank of Korea, CIB Thai Bank, Kaskorn Bank, Bank of Thai, and Government Savings Bank.

I wish this has to stop. What is this for? Sometimes I ask myself if this is really for me. I didn't spend much yet the money that they transferred to me. I am close to becoming a young billionaire based on what they sent to me for years.

I don't quite understand what this money is for. Is this a way my parents signaling me to start my own business?

Perhaps not.

Maybe, for travel?

Nope, I don't need that much for travel.

Oh, crap. I am overthinking things again in here.

The money is good but I am not learning my own way.

Or...

Are they doing something illegal?