"Same thing."

I chuckle at him before getting up and stretching.

I hear Echo's giggle as I walk out my bedroom door. I see Shay laying on the ground while holding Echo in the ground. I smile at the sight and walk over to her.

"Hey, Shay." I yawn.

"Hey girl!"

"What're you doing here?" I say as I wander into the kitchen.

"Well, I was wondering if I could go to the new toy store that just opened with Echo?" She responds as she stands up and dusts herself off, moving Echo to her hip.

I just then remember I need to have the talk with Zameer, so this would actually be perfect.

"Yeah sure. Just don't spend too much please!"

By this time, Echo was already squealing and making grabby hands towards me.

I walk over to her and kiss her little nose.

"Thank you so so much, mommy!" She says, leaving wet kisses all over my face making me and Shay giggle.

"Uh-huh. Just be good okay?"

She nods her head and Shay gives me a small bye before they both walk out the door.

I turn around to walk back to the kitchen when I see Zameer leaning against the door.

"I'm ready whenever you are." He says before giving me a small smile.

"Uh, let me eat my breakfast first!"

❀❀❀    

"Are you ready?" Zameer asks as I finish eating my breakfast.

"Let me brush my teeth. Then, I'll be ready." I say before sprinting into the bathroom.

❀❀❀

"Are you ready now?"

"Let me go do my laundry."

❀❀❀

"Baby. Now?"

"Uh, let me go clean the kitchen!"

❀❀❀

"Baby."

"Let me go sho-"

"No. No more stalling. I'm not trying to rush you or force you to be ready, but I know you're stalling. Please." Zameer states in a strict tone, pulling me onto his lap.

I take a deep breath before I begin talking.

"Uhm, so, please just don't interrupt me. Let me finish talking, and then you can ask questions."

He nods his head before kissing my forehead.

I sigh again.

"So, basically, my mom wasn't the nicest person in the world, which is one of the reasons my father left. She was very manipulative and always wanted her way. She was diagnosed with many things such as OCD, ADHD, Depression, Severe anxiety, Social Anxiety, Separation Anxiety, etc. Of course, I would never invalidate anyone if they are diagnosed with such things, but it was just so odd to me. It was just like she wanted to get diagnosed with these things. Like, she was always getting tested for something at every minor inconvenience. When I was about 7 or 8, she sat me and my dad for a talk and told us she had cancer and needed to start rehab right away. We were devasted of course. My dad had to quit his job to take care of me while she was out at rehab. This went on until I was 13. We should've known it was a lie, since she never went fully bald. But, we just thought she always wore wigs. So, it came as a surprise when we eventually found out she never had cancer. When she went to so-called rehab, it was actually just an excuse so she could go to clubs and parties with her friends." Zameer's eyes went wide as he gripped my waist a little tighter.