Treinta y tres

Miami, Florida
8:00 A.M.
The Next Day...

Right now Farah, Treyton, and Novah were walking into Tiny Steps Daycare. Marcus had told Trey that's where they had Lonzo so they decided to start with this one. So far Novah was interacting with the staff a little more than they expected.

Her possible teacher, Renée Drayton, was extremely nice and just so happened to be who Lonzo was with. Marcey even vouched for her.

"So, what's going to be the hardest part with her? What will I have the most trouble with, if anything?"

"Well she's been through a lot personally. So far, and even before, she hasn't really shown any negative energy towards new people, but we still don't want to speak too soon."

Novah had recently started counseling for the trauma that she had gone through, and she's even having regular visits with her doctor just to make sure her body continues to heal correctly. They don't want anything to take a turn while she's not in their care.

"I completely understand. Has she ever been away from you guys?"

"Not since we've had her. She's always been with either both of us or one of us. This is the first time we're even trusting anyone else with her."

"Okay. How would you guys feel leaving her for a while today? It doesn't have to be the entire time, but I just want to see if she'll actually let it happen. Only if you're okay with it, though. It's honestly no pressure."

Farah wasn't really too worried about it especially since they're having meetings later on with other facilities still. Treyton, on the other hand, wasn't really happy. He didn't want his little girl in daycare in the first place and leaving her now wasn't something he had prepared himself for.

Farah noticed the hesitation on his face and laughed to herself.

"I'm sure she'll be okay, boo. Let's just see!"

"Ion know, baby. You sure we have to leave her?"

Renée laughed as well. She hadn't exactly seen a father be vulnerable before today. It was cute to her and she had a feeling Novah wouldn't be the one they had a problem out of.

"Just look at her, dad. She looks so happy and she's not even doing anything yet."

All three adults watched how Novah stood at the entrance of the classroom looking in at all of the kids laughing and having breakfast. She got even more excited when she noticed Alonzo. They made eye contact and he waved at her wildly. She waved back with just as much enthusiasm.

There was no denying that this is where she would probably feel comfortable outside of their home. Trey couldn't deny the happiness on her face and he was slowly giving in.

"Alright, man. I'll let her stay until we come from the next appointment. But we coming back for my baby!"

"Of course! Come back anytime you want. I just want to see how she handles seeing you guys off."

The adults stood talking for a little while longer before going back to Novah. They were slightly dreading this because they didn't want her to react negatively.