Veintitrés

Miami, Florida
3:00 P.M.
The Next Day...

At the moment, Treyton and Farah were at the beach with Novah. They figured that now would be a good time to do something as a family and sort of relieve their stress.

Farah was putting on some sunscreen while Treyton was at the edge of the water with Novah. The beach was fairly empty besides a group of about seven or ten boys and two other families, both consisting of two parents and two boys. All in all, it was just a peaceful environment.

While Farah's back was turned to everyone but her family, one of the boys slowly approached her. Being that she was standing up and slightly bent over, he was most definitely getting a good show. Farah had on a navy blue two-piece, showcasing her perfect hourglass figure, and white sandals. Her white painted toenails were what caught the young boy's attention first.

As he got closer, Treyton had already set his eyes on the two. He saw the boys watching his wife when they first got there, and he couldn't even blame them. She was gorgeous and looked younger than her actual age.

When the boy finally got to Farah, he gave her a soft tap on her shoulder. Shocked, she jumped a little. When she turned around, she internally groaned because she just knew her husband was already watching.

"I don't mean to be rude, but I'm married."

"Well dang, mama, can I at least introduce myself first? Hi, I'm Latrell. What's your name?"

"Treyton's wife. Can I help you with something?"

"I just wanted to make a new friend. You look like you need company."

"I guess you purposely skimming over the fact that I mentioned my husband, huh?"

"I heard you. I just don't care."

"Well I do. Today is supposed to be nice and I don't need you ruining that."

"I don't care what you need. I want a new friend, baby girl."

Cringing at his choice of words, Farah decided not to answer. She just turned around to walk away.

"Damn! It's like that, girl? Don't worry; you'll be back!"

She didn't even bother to turn around. She just kept walking towards her husband and daughter, but she still felt the boy's eyes on her butt.

Making it over to Treyton and Novah, she was met with a hard stare.

"What I do?"

"Why you let that conversation go on that long, lil' girl? Don't make me get out of my body, Farah."

"I didn't do it, bae! It wasn't me!"

Hearing all of the commotion, Novah tuned in to the conversation. Treyton was holding her up while she got her feet wet, and she was having the time of her life.

"Tell daddy I didn't do anything, Peaches."

"Tell mommy she bad, baby girl."

"Bad mommy!"

"YOU SO FAKE, ANOVAH!"

Giggling uncontrollably, Novah fell back into her father's legs. She found the whole situation funny as ever.

"You heard my baby. You going in timeout when we get home, too."

"I'm grown! You ain't even my daddy."

"You walked right into that one, mamas. You know what it is."

Blushing at the smirk on his face, she just picked Novah up and started walking deeper into the water. She knew exactly what he meant, and she didn't have time for the flashbacks.

"Leave me alone! And don't talk like that in front of my baby."

"Girl boo. Don't play wit' me no more and you won't have to worry about it."

Farah just put her hand in his face and walked a little further. Behind her, Treyton was making faces and Novah saw it all. She was laughing hard and that caught Farah's attention. She turned around slightly and saw what he was doing.

"STOP IT TREY!"

Laughing, he went and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He leaned on her shoulder and kissed her cheek before giving Novah a little peck on her nose. She blushed and hid her face in her mother's neck. She really loved her daddy. And he simped for her.

As they stood there in the water, wrapped in each other's embrace, they thought of the drama that they could possibly face in the near future. They didn't want this moment to end, or they at least wished for more like it. If fate was on their side, it would happen. If not, they would just have to see through the storm.