Flashback Pt. 2

Miami, Florida
Two Hours Later...

After a lot of police involvement, screaming, punching, kicking, and cursing, Farah was back in her parents' home. She put up one hell of a fight, but the odds were ultimately against her. By her not being officially legal as of yet she was forced to return home.

Carolyn and Fatinah felt as if they had won a trophy. They couldn't wait to make up the stories about how Farah "begged" to be back home. It didn't help that they tried to provoke during the ride back.

Morris was happy on the inside. He saw this as a second chance with his baby girl, and he wasn't going to let it get back to this point. Or so he thought.

When they family arrived home, Farah made a beeline for the stairs. She didn't plan on being around anybody in that toxic household longer than she had to be. She was fed up with them even more now.

"NO! Come here right now!"

Carolyn just wanted to mess with Farah more. She didn't have a reason to other than the fact that she knew she could.

Farah rolled her eyes harshly before turning around. She didn't make any moves to go down, instead she stood on the fourth step.

"Come down here, Farah."

"No. What do you want?"

"COME DOWN HERE!"

"NO! WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS BOTHERING ME?"

Morris and Fatinah just stood there stunned. They didn't know what to say or do. It seemed as if Farah and Carolyn were seconds away from throwing hands, and it's safe to say they didn't really know what the girl was capable of just yet.

"Ain't nobody bothering you, girl! You think your little ass is grown and you're not. Get the hell down here."

"No! Leave me alone!"

"IF YOU TALKING TO ME LIKE THAT YOU CAN LEAVE!"

"I TRIED TO! BUT YOU WANT ME TO BE AS MISERABLE AS YO' OLD ASS AND YO' STUPID ASS DAUGHTER THAT YOU WOULD DO ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN! WHY!? WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A HUGE PROBLEM WITH ME!?"

Carolyn was stuck. She didn't even know why if we're being honest. She couldn't use the lame excuse she'd been using because she knew that Fatinah was the problem. She was just naturally unhappy and she wanted someone in her household to feel the same way.

Morris was standing with his mouth agape while Fatinah had sat down in the living room. She was visibly nervous as to what her sister would do to her mother, and she knew that if it came down to it she wouldn't be of any use. She couldn't fight for nothing.

"Exactly. You looking stuck on stupid because you don't have a reason. You just want me to be like you, and that's never gonna happen! Find your happiness and stop trying to ruin mine."

With that, Farah turned around and continued on to her room. She left both of her parents standing at the bottom of the staircase. She went to take a shower and got ready for bed, not before saying a prayer that one day she would make it out. She was tired.