Veintiséis

Miami, Florida
2:00 P.M.
Two Days Later...

Today was the day that Treyton finally went back to check up on his tattoo parlor. He hadn't been to check in because of the work that was being done to the barbershop, but he was back now.

Novah was staying in with Farah today, and they planned to go and spend some time with Cicely. She had been getting sick lately so they didn't want to risk anything happening to her while she was alone.

Pulling up to the parlor, Treyton saw from the amount of cars out front that it was packed. He had a few appointments himself, so he was expecting it a little.

Walking in, he was greeted by the receptionist, Ashley, who had a little crush on him. Of course he didn't pay her any attention.

"Hey, boss. How you doing today?"

"I'm doing alright. My first client here yet?"

"She called and said she'll be about 15 minutes late. One client did chicken out, though. He said he wasn't ready for all the pain."

Laughing, Trey just shook his head because he knew exactly who it was.

"Alright. I'm 'bout to go in my office. Let me know when she get here."

"Can I come back to speak with you about something? It's somewhat important."

"Yeah."

Looking around, Ashley made sure that the other girl in the front, Yessenia, saw them leave together. It was no secret that she wanted to send the wrong message, but she just didn't know his wife and daughter were on the way to sit with him for a while.

When they got in his office, she quietly closed and locked the door behind her. Treyton didn't notice this being that he was turned the other way.

Ashley made herself comfortable on the couch that was in the office while Treyton sat at his desk to finish approving some appointments.

"What you needed?"

"Let's cut the bullshit. You know I want you, Trey. Why are you being so stubborn? I-"

"You can go ahead and leave."

He didn't even want to hear anything else. He wasn't new to women pretending they didn't know about his wife, but be he most definitely didn't let them get the treatment that was for just her.

"What? I just want to know."

"I'm HAPPILY married. My wife ain't going nowhere and I'm tired of having this conversation with you. Leave."

"I'm not leaving until you give me what I want! She can't even give you a baby!"

Ashley knew she messed up as soon as "baby" left her mouth. She knew she wasn't supposed to repeat that because the person who told her wasn't supposed to tell anybody, and now she was screwed.

"Pack yo' shit and leave for the day. Matter of fact, I'll let you know if you still have a job in a few days. Bye."

"Wait! I'm sorry! I-"

Getting up, Treyton opened the door, which he just now noticed was locked, and stood there until she left out. He didn't want to talk anymore.

Ashley stood up and walked out in a hurry. When she was rounding the corner, she noticed Farah walking in with a little girl on her hip. She was appalled.

Farah and Novah had decided to stop by to see how Treyton was doing. He had left home earlier that morning and they missed him.

Walking in the shop, Farah saw Yessenia sitting out front and Ashley nowhere in sight. She wanted to be respectful, so she made sure he didn't have a client.

"Hey, Yessenia. Is Trey with somebody?"

"Hey, girl. No he just waiting right now. You can go back."

She thanked her and made her way to his office. Ashley had decided to hideout back there in one of the closets so that she could get a better look at the child.

When Farah walked by the closet door, Ashley made sure to be quiet. She couldn't see Novah because her face was in Farah's neck, and she was getting frustrated quickly.

Knocking in the office door, Farah waited for Treyton to tell her to come in. She went in and closed to door behind her. Ashley then came out and stood to listen in on their conversation.

Farah and Treyton had their usual greeting, Novah not being able to get hers because she was sleeping. But, Farah wasn't too excited about Treyton's greeting to her because she could tell his mood was off.

"What's wrong, Trey? Something happened?"

He just spilled everything as soon as she asked. They moved from standing to sitting on the couch, Novah laying beside Farah while Treyton's head was in her lap. He told her about how Ashley kept trying to get with him, and she wasn't even surprised. It was nothing new. He did leave out the part about the baby, though.

"Don't even let her get to you bae. She just like every other female out here."

"I know. I just get tired of repeating myself. It don't even help when I ignore them."

"That's them if they want to keep getting embarrassed. Let them continue being delusional."

Before Treyton could reply, there was a knock at the door. It was Ashley.

She heard their conversation and she couldn't take not being in there to make sure they didn't do something.

Treyton yelled a "come in" and was instantly annoyed once she became visible.

"Hey boss. Your client is here. Should I send her in your room?"

"Yeah. Go ahead. And head out when you're finished."

"Oh, umm okay. I'll see you out, Farah. We can't have him distracted."

Farah was a little taken aback.

"I'll leave when my husband does. Thanks though."

"Well, I think you should-"

"She said she'll leave when I do. You just go ahead now. Bye."

Ashley didn't say anything back. She was once again embarrassed. She just rushed out, sent the client back, and ran to her car after gathering her things and clocking out.

When she made it to her car, she was fuming. She knew only one person could get under Farah's skin, and she was willing to go the extra mile to make that happen. 

Pulling out her phone, she made a call. The phone rung for a few seconds before the person answered.

"Hey, girl. I need your help. It's about your little sister. I know where she is."