Chapter 9 - Celebrations

Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I am back with another chapter, this one is the longest chapter I had ever written, it's a little over 10,000 words. 

I had to admit I had a power outage since there was a freak storm from where I am living and didn't power for three days. I wasn't sure if I was going to have power but once it was back on, I went on to edit this chapter as quickly as I could.

NOTE- I had added a song from Downton Abbey for the wedding day. The Pic board down below is what I had envision for the wedding day. I had made it and I would appreciate it if no one claims it for themselves or take credit. 

Without taking more of your time, enjoy reading Episode 9 - Celebrations.

4 October 1919. Wedding preparations were all set. Emma and James were to be married today in St. Michael and All Angels Church. In the previous months, Sybil and Tom were married in Dublin, with Emma and her sisters and James attended the wedding, it was a small and private wedding, even Emma got the chance to meet his family.

Mr. Bates was accused to murdering his wife and he was sitting in prison, awaiting trial. Emma's heart went out to the Bates couple. Anna was distraught that her husband was awaiting his trial, Emma could see that she was on the verge of breaking down. It was rather a frightening experience but Emma firmly believed that Mr. Bates was innocent and he didn't have a bad bone in body to commit such an unforgiving act.

James was currently staying with Mrs. Crawley and Matthew since the day before the wedding. The last time Emma had seen him was yesterday's afternoon where they spent their last outing going to the local theatre.

Emma was fidgeting a little when she realised it was finally happening and Anna calmed her down a little when Emma started to pace around her room. The poor woman didn't want to talk about her husband and Emma respected her decision. Emma glanced at the window and saw the autumn leaves had started to trickle down on the grounds, it was clearly a bright sunny day, and one of the last sunny days of the year before winter emerged and Emma was ecstatic that at last, she can marry the man she loved for seven years.

Three months ago; they had announced their engagement to all of their friends attended the party hosted by Cora. Sir Richard even published a small article announcing the wedding. Emma even met James's colleagues and school friends. Emma envied that James went to a public school whilst she was stuck with her governess in four walls of her house, but that didn't matter at all. She hoped to have a child soon and wanted nothing more than to be happily married and bear lots of children. She couldn't wait to hear her baby's laughter and see them grow.