Chapter 7 - Decisions

Hi everyone, I hope you are all well. I am back with another chapter. I had been feeling sick this morning so I couldn't post the chapter early. However now I am feeling better I was able to work on this chapter. I am happy to say that I have completed writing Season 3. It had taken me ten months – mostly because of writer's block, I'm sad to admit it.

Without anymore rambling, enjoy reading Episode 7 – Decisions.

Feel free to comment, vote and add Emma Crawley season 2 into your libraries!

February 1919. James' temporary blindness had started to lessen; therefore, his vision was getting better, however, James had a letter from America saying that his mother, Charlotte, had passed from a fever. Grace had consoled James in his time of grief and Emma watched from afar as Grace coddled James. Doctor Clarkson stated that he believed that James's vision will continue to improve, as long he kept balance his diet and medication.

The very last of the medical equipment had been taken away. The last of the army officers had left. The furniture had been put back into its place and Downton Abbey was back to normal. Emma recalled saying farewell to Corporal Collins, it was rather sad to know that their friendship in the house had ended.

'I still can't wrap my mind about it, said Corporal Collins, glancing around the house. 'But nevertheless, I will miss you.'

Emma smiled and blushed, 'It's not the end... we can still write to each other?'

'Of course, I really hope we can meet again. There is a lot of wonderful places  I would like to take you...'

Emma swallowed and glanced down at ground.

'What's the matter?' he asked kindly.

Emma glanced up at him, 'I-I do like you, Philip, a lot...you were a pain, constantly flirting, however you became a dear friend...any woman would be very lucky to have you, but I do not have romantic feelings-'

Philip took her hand gently and smiled kindly at her, 'You love Major Montgomery.'

Emma nodded in remorse and felt her eyes prickle. 'It's rather immature of me. Falling for a man who doesn't love me back.'

Philip's hand moved to gently caress her cheek, which she realized were face was wet.

'It's not. You're not made out of stone. It's called being human. Although I don't believe he doesn't love you. He may be with another woman, but it doesn't mean he is in love with her, and besides, he would be a fool if he married her and not you. You have a good heart, my lady. The years I have been here, I have seen you grow into a confident, fiercely loyal and passionate young woman.'

Emma felt more tears had poured down her face.

'Don't cry. I am glad to have met you. I'm glad we're friends, I hope?'