"Lia-" I reach out for him and him shoves me back. Hard. I fall back and hit Carlos chest. Carlos catches me and holds onto my arm.

"What did I tell you, princess? Your body guard is an imposter." Says Carlos.

They all laugh. I can't move. Or breathe. Im humiliated and I want to cry and puke at the same time. How can he say that?

"Well, if that's all, feel free to dispose of him. He is no use to me or my bride." Says Carlos.

I look at Liam and I realize I'm shaking my head in disbelief.

Liam looks away from me.

"Get her out of here." Says Carlos.
One of his men grabs onto me.

"No!" I'm protesting and fighting. Until, he eventually picks me up.

"Put me down! You asshole!" I'm screaming, crying, fighting.

I elbow him and he drops me. He attempts to grab my arm and I sock him in the nose.
He grunts in pain and falls to the ground.

I try to run back over to them, but another one of his men stops me.
They practically drag me out.

They shove me into a car.
I'm balling my eyes out. My hands are stained red. They begin driving off.

"Are you good?" Whispers the one driving to the one I punched in the nose.

"Shut up." He responds.

I can't think straight. Is this happening? Did my father just die infront of me and did Liam, the only one I ever loved and trusted, shove me and tell me I was just a job to him?

The paper.

I fumble with lifting my dress up and I see the garter. The piece of paper is still there. A feeling of relief washes over me for a split second.

I uncrinkle it and open it up. On the front it reads
"Don't forget me."

I examine the paper

I examine the paper. It's the same kind of paper from my notebook. It has the really thick paper and it feels almost too hard to be paper.

I flip it to the back. And my heart stops.
The back reads, "I love you."
I can't think. Or process.

Liar.

Why did he write me this piece of shit?! I start looking at the paper from all angles. Was he trying to tell me something? Warn me about what just happened?