CHAPTER 14

Genesis

"I'm not doing it. I'm gonna get out somehow." I say again. He's looking at me like I have 2 heads.

"You know you can't do that." He says.

"No. No, I'm so sick of all this shit. I'm sick of my dad deciding everything for me. I'm not marrying this murderer only for my dad to get money and friends." I say, pulling out of his grip and walking towards the glass doors.

They are having fire works.
I stand and look out on the patio.

I hear him following behind me.

"Gen." He says.

"Hmm?" I say as I turn around and look at him.

"I can't let you back out like that." He says not looking at me.

"Why?" I ask turning towards him.

"If you don't go through with this, they will kill you." He says shaking me now. Trying to knock some sense into me.

"So let them." I say breaking away from his arms.

"No. I won't let them but your not going to give them that opportunity." He says.

"I don't want to be with any guy if it's not you!" I exclaim.

He stands there, shocked at my outburst of emotion.

I sit down on the steps and look up at the fire works, my dress slit riding up my thigh from me slouching.

He comes and sits down next to me.

I lean my head on his shoulder.

"I don't know why my father is doing this to me. He's changed so much after my mothers death. And I don't even know why she died."

"I'm sorry." He says.

It's quiet between us as we look up at the fire works.

"You haven't told me about you yet." I mumble looking up at him.

"What would you like to know?" He says.

"Everything." I say turning my attention back to the sky. The chatter of the party in the distance and popping of the fire works catches both of our attention before he answers.

"I want a dog." He finally says.

I chuckle.

"That's it? That's your big 'everything'" I laugh.

"Well it's not everything. But I really want a dog. Of course I can't have one right now but one day. Yeah." He says, still looking out to the sky.

"What kind?" I ask.

"Any really. But probably a German shepherd." He reply's.

I smile. I finally take my head off his shoulder and fluff my hair. I'm resisting taking his mask off.

His radio in his ear piece goes off. I'm close enough to him to hear it.

"What's up?" I say running my fingers through my hair and looking at him.

"Your father wants you. I guess your Fiancé wants to have a dance." He mumbles as he stands up. He reaches his hand out for me and I take it.

"Back to the real world?" I ask.

"Back to the real world." He reply's.

I sigh as he brings me to my feet.

He links arms with mine and we walk back inside.